Leaving Australia with souveniers

Old Dec 5th 2010, 2:04 am
Just Joined

Winston Churchill is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Leaving Australia with souveniers

Finally decided that its time to leave Australia after 3 years..never ever thought Id EVER be on this section of British Expats!! Wonder if anyone can offer any advice for me please? Ive had to recreate a new profile, due to too many people knowing me on here & have been active on expats for well over 6 years now.
Ive been with my new partner now over a year and a half..who is Australian and we are also due to have our first baby at the end of this month
Although I was fine getting here from the UK...Im now lost what to do to get everyone back? Can anyone help? Do I have to apply for a defacto visa for them? How long does it take? Can I use my emmigration agency in the UK to get back? Desperate to be back and want to be back by Summer 2011!

Any advice anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated!!
Old Dec 5th 2010, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leaving Australia with souveniers

If you are a British citizen, born in the UK then the child will have British citizenship (by descent). So for the child all you'll need to do is apply for a British passport. Of course, you'll also need to apply for an Australian passport for that child.

As for your partner, if they don't have a claim to British (or other EU) citizenship then they will need to apply for a visa.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 3:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
If you are a British citizen, born in the UK then the child will have British citizenship (by descent). So for the child all you'll need to do is apply for a British passport. Of course, you'll also need to apply for an Australian passport for that child.

As for your partner, if they don't have a claim to British (or other EU) citizenship then they will need to apply for a visa.
Thanks for the help thats much better news than I was thinking..so I can take the child back and mum can stay here! perfect! glad shes not watching me
Old Dec 5th 2010, 6:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on the impending new arrival and good luck with your move. Sometimes it does hit you and you think you will never be in this forum and all of a sudden it feels like home! I am sure that once your baby hormones have stabilized you will get everything sorted quicksmart. All the best!
Old Dec 6th 2010, 11:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

mbike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond reputembike has a reputation beyond repute

You might want to check you don't fall foul of the 2 year rule for de facto

UK unmarried partner visa - eligibility
To qualify for the UK unmarried partner visa you must satisfy the following criteria:

You and your sponsoring partner must both be 21 years of age or over.
You and your partner must intend to live together on a permanent basis.
You must show that any previous relationship that you or your partner were involved in (whether it be as a married or an unmarried couple) has ended.
You need to show that you have been living with your partner for at least two years in a relationship similar to marriage. You will need to provide documentary evidence confirming this.
You and your partner must have sufficient funds to support yourselves (and any dependants) without claiming public funds.
You must have suitable accommodation available for you, your partner and any dependants.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mbike
You might want to check you don't fall foul of the 2 year rule for de facto
Yes, 2 years is required - link to official website about this. So before applying it looks like you will need to either wait until there's been at least 2 years of living together, or get married.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 5:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
Yes, 2 years is required - link to official website about this. So before applying it looks like you will need to either wait until there's been at least 2 years of living together, or get married.
Thanks Guys...I REALLY cannot wait that long...I'm afraid eachday is like hell! I will do absolutely ANYTHING to get out of this place...whats your thoughts on getting an fiance visa? I know that means that we have to get married within 6 months of getting into the UK..but like I said I WILL DO ANYTHING TO GET HOME! She is a qualified nurse so maybe she could get a visa on her own.

It seems madness that Im kinda stuck here...any help or direction will be appreciated......
Old Dec 29th 2010, 5:55 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Winston Churchill
Thanks Guys...I REALLY cannot wait that long...I'm afraid eachday is like hell! I will do absolutely ANYTHING to get out of this place...whats your thoughts on getting an fiance visa? I know that means that we have to get married within 6 months of getting into the UK..but like I said I WILL DO ANYTHING TO GET HOME! She is a qualified nurse so maybe she could get a visa on her own.

It seems madness that Im kinda stuck here...any help or direction will be appreciated......
There is also the option to get married in Australia and then apply for the visa.

Or spend time looking to see if there is any leeway on the 2 year residence rule if there is a child of the relationship.

Or wait the extra 6 months.

Or see if your fiance can get a visa on own merits, eg ancestry, although the waiting time for permanent residence may be longer.