Lawyer referrals/scams

Old Feb 21st 2016, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

Emmarrr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lawyer referrals/scams

I was wondering if there was a list of lawyer referrals on this message board?

I am hoping to engage a lawyer to work on our spouse visa, but am wary of scams.

Does anyone have experience with *** address removed as it is a scam site****

Thanks so much!

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 21st 2016 at 4:45 am. Reason: removing address
Old Feb 21st 2016, 4:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Lawyer referrals/scams

Normally, one shouldn't/wouldn't need a lawyer for a spouse visa application, unless one has exceptional circumstances.

While the paperwork looks intimidating, it really boils done to: show you're married, show that you meet financial requirements.

I'd be wary of the site you linked to: I had an admittedly quick look & can't see any verifiable credentials, legal or otherwise, anywhere on it.

OOPS! Had another look and their address is linked to numerous scam/non-existent companies. It's a mailbox address. DO NOT TOUCH with bargepole

Last edited by Shirtback; Feb 21st 2016 at 4:38 am. Reason: Added scam warning
Old Feb 21st 2016, 4:27 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Why do you need a lawyer? Unless you are looking to make an application outside the Immigration Rules then there is little need for one.
Old Feb 21st 2016, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute

you could use an OISC registered visa agent (Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner). look on gov uk website to 'find an immigration adviser'
it can help give you info on preparation and if there are any unusual circumstances they know the best ways to deal with it. I found when I did this some time ago, for a spouse visa that I was not aware of a couple of things they advised that were useful for the future.
some visa agents will check your application before you submit so you can be sure it's ok. which is an option if you don't want the full service.
I would contact two or three and compare fees and attitude. good luck...