Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Just to get an idea, when do I have to prove finances in settlement visa

Just to get an idea, when do I have to prove finances in settlement visa

Old May 27th 2014, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

On the road again is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just to get an idea, when do I have to prove finances in settlement visa

Hi guys

Just about to hit send on my wife's application for settlement in the UK and was wondering when I would be asked to submit proof we meet the financial requirements. At this stage there isn't even a hint that such information is going to be asked for.
Old May 27th 2014, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

ncoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nicencoomber is just really nice
Default Re: Just to get an idea, when do I have to prove finances in settlement visa

You need to fill out one of the appendix forms. By hand. And include this in your doc package.

Here is the general process:
Fill out on line form and print out copy.
Complete appointment for biometrics
Get biometrics done
Mail copy of online form, appropriate appendix form, all supporting docs, copy of biometrics receipt, and if you want it quick pay for fast service.

Where are you applying from? Wifes citizenship? How do you meet the financial requirements (earnings or savings)?

We just got my wifes visa applying from US using savings and the appendix we used was Appendix 2. Check thread below for details:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=830799

Good luck
Cheers
Nigel
Old May 27th 2014, 6:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just to get an idea, when do I have to prove finances in settlement visa

You have to submit proof when you put in the application.

Have you completed Appendix 2 of the application?

You also have to provide documented proof of the income/savings/investment or whatever it is you are using to qualify for the financial requirements.

Proof such as bank statements, pay stubs, receipts, employment contract, proof of salary etc etc.

Have you read the following document which gives details of the financial requirements and the documents to provide?

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...e_20140324.pdf