Spouse visa help

Old May 25th 2014, 1:48 am
Just Joined

gallah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Spouse visa help

Hi!
I am new to this forum and would massively appreciate some advice! I have emailed the home office already but they took 3 days to reply and didn't answer my actual question!

I am from the UK, my husband is Aussie and we have two (aussie born) children.

We want to move back to the UK mid 2015 and I know about the financial requirements however....

My dad will put the 65k in my bank account as a gift 6 months before....does he have to sign anything?

Do we need extra for the kids (they will both have UK passports by then)?

Thanks so much in advance...the home office website and forms are so unclear...plus none of their links work!!

Sarah x
Old May 25th 2014, 4:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse visa help

There is nothing official your father has to sign but it would not hurt to have him write a statement saying that the money is a non refundable gift to you.

No, you don't need extra for the children.
Old May 25th 2014, 7:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

The sticky here says -

"Savings

If you are only using savings to fulfil the financial requirements you must show the following amounts, depending on the number of children who who are not

British citizens or an EEA citizens
For spouse only: £62,500
For one child: £72,000
For each each further child an additional: £6,000 "

Your children are citizens so they are exempt. Has the capital sum gone up fr4om 62.5 to 65 ?
Old May 25th 2014, 10:57 pm
Just Joined

Thanks so much....I think the amount is still 62,500 I just got confused!

Thank you for your help x
Old May 26th 2014, 10:51 am
Forum Regular

Foffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to behold

Gallah, my mother is in the process of "parking" £62500 in my bank account. We already did a monetary deed of gift. It is better to do it as the immigration might want to know where the money comes from. We downloaded the form online for £11 or something. As these £62500 are not really a present but they are my mother's money and I have to give them back when all this nightmare is finished, then I also did a will. If I die all the money is going to my husband and although I love him, that is not my money so I have to make sure it goes back to my mother.
If you have to give the money back, take into consideration also the will.
Cheers.
Old May 27th 2014, 2:24 am
Just Joined

Thanks for the advice Foffion - we will have to do the same, it is a 'gift' as long as he gets it back eventually! Did you do the will in Japan or have to do a UK one? Good luck...it is a nightmare x
Old May 27th 2014, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Foffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to beholdFoffion is a splendid one to behold

Hi Gallah,
I did the will in the UK. If I die my mother needs the will so what's the point of taking it back to Japan with me?
We copied my mother's parents will and we signed it in front of two witnesses. I am sure you can find an example on the internet. Apparently you can do a will on a piece of toilet paper if you want and it would still be valid (clean piece of toilet paper) but... hey.. maybe is better to do it on an A4 piece of paper. You don't need a solicitor to do a will. It's just a piece of paper signed by you in front of two witnesses.
Make sure you get paper bank statements otherwise if you use the print-offs you will need to have them stamped from the bank and if you live in Australia, you can't go back to the UK just to go to the bank (well, you can if you want to, I am not stopping you). I asked the bank if they would let my mother have these print-offs stamped and they said absolutely no, only I can do it.
I feel incredibly lucky to have a mother that can park this money in my bank and I will be eternally grateful.
Vivien

Last edited by Foffion; May 27th 2014 at 3:13 pm.
Old May 27th 2014, 9:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Foffion
If you have to give the money back, take into consideration also the will.
Also take into account that there will be no income based benefits if you need them, as that money will mean you have too much savings. Giving the money away won't change that as it will be seen as deprivation of capital as the money had to be a gift (not a loan) for the visa.