Indefinite Leave to Remain based on Ancestry Visa

Old May 12th 2022, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

Cockneykiwi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Indefinite Leave to Remain based on Ancestry Visa

Hello, it's been 5 years since we have returned to the UK and we are now in the process of applying for my New Zealand wife's ILR. I have tried to find info on what documents we need to provide but the Government website isn't very clear. She is in the UK based on her UK Ancestry. I would appreciate some guidance please. Also, could there be an issue if we do not have any utility bills with her name on them? Starting to stress now.
Old May 12th 2022, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Indefinite Leave to Remain based on Ancestry Visa

I think this may be in the wrong forum. Moderators, please move if it is.
Thank you.
Old May 12th 2022, 5:10 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Has she been working for the last five years?
Old May 12th 2022, 9:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Proof of working P60's, payslips, tenancy agreement/mortgage, official letters (NHS, doctor etc) all spread out over the 5 year period ...
Old May 13th 2022, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Has she been working for the last five years?
Apart from a few months while we were settling in and searching for work, she has been with the same company for around 4 and a half years.
Old May 13th 2022, 9:14 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Proof of working P60's, payslips, tenancy agreement/mortgage, official letters (NHS, doctor etc) all spread out over the 5 year period ...
The mortgage is in my name only, as are most of the utility bills. Could this be a problem?
Old May 13th 2022, 2:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cockneykiwi
The mortgage is in my name only, as are most of the utility bills. Could this be a problem?

No.... she has been working ... provide payslips, P60's etc, bank statements showing pay being deposited.
Old May 18th 2022, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
No.... she has been working ... provide payslips, P60's etc, bank statements showing pay being deposited.
Thank you for your help, much appreciated.
Old May 21st 2022, 11:10 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

I would include P60s covering the last five years and an employment verification letter from her employer confirming her start date, job title, salary and ongoing employment. Payslips and bank statements are not strictly necessary for this type of application but if you want to take a belt and braces approach then one payslip and corresponding bank statement for every six months of employment is plenty.
Old May 31st 2022, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
I would include P60s covering the last five years and an employment verification letter from her employer confirming her start date, job title, salary and ongoing employment. Payslips and bank statements are not strictly necessary for this type of application but if you want to take a belt and braces approach then one payslip and corresponding bank statement for every six months of employment is plenty.
We will include hopefully more than enough info for her application. I'm sure I'll have more questions in the coming days. Thank you for your help