Indefinite leave to remain 5 yr partner

Old Sep 21st 2023, 6:04 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indefinite leave to remain 5 yr partner

Originally Posted by ILR
How come on list of documents thats generated after filling in online application, there is no mention of these?

It only asks for 1 partner declaration?
The family consent form should appear on the final page to download and complete along with your application form and document checklist.
Old Sep 21st 2023, 6:55 pm
ILR
Forum Regular

ILR is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Because you are applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain on the basis you have been resident in the UK on the appropriate status for the last five years.
but the old BRP is requested back when the new BRP is given at spouse visa extension?

The only BRP we have now is the one given to us 2 years when visa was extended
Old Sep 21st 2023, 6:56 pm
ILR
Forum Regular

That would be a little thin. Ideally I would add one additional jointly addressed document or two separately addressed for 2021. Bank statements are always a good fallback.
would you need more in the year you got extension though (visa was granted April 2021?

I thought of doing 3 joint letters in 2022, 2 in 2023 and 1 joint + 1 individual for me + 1 individual for spouse for 2021
Old Sep 21st 2023, 8:07 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ILR
but the old BRP is requested back when the new BRP is given at spouse visa extension?

The only BRP we have now is the one given to us 2 years when visa was extended
If that’s all you have then that’s all you can submit but I would also include a scan of your entry clearance vignette.
Old Sep 21st 2023, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by ILR
would you need more in the year you got extension though (visa was granted April 2021?

I thought of doing 3 joint letters in 2022, 2 in 2023 and 1 joint + 1 individual for me + 1 individual for spouse for 2021
They should be spread out over the time since your last grant of leave. You can apply with what you have but if you have anything else for 2021 then I would include it.
Old Sep 21st 2023, 9:23 pm
ILR
Forum Regular

If that’s all you have then that’s all you can submit but I would also include a scan of your entry clearance vignette.
thank you. Providing copies of all passport pages which also has entry vignette.

My passport has only had 1 extra stamp since last extension visa. I am planning on using previous scans (as majority of pages are identical) and doing scans of pages that have extra stamp. Is this ok or will they think these scans were done 2 years ago?
Old Sep 21st 2023, 9:25 pm
ILR
Forum Regular

Just realised I have a scan of my old brp. Which section of ukvcas should I keep it in?
Old Sep 22nd 2023, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by ILR
Just realised I have a scan of my old brp. Which section of ukvcas should I keep it in?
There should be a section for listing your immigration history. Failing that, use the ‘Other’ section.
Old Sep 22nd 2023, 2:36 pm
ILR
Forum Regular

There should be a section for listing your immigration history. Failing that, use the ‘Other’ section.
thank you.

I note following on UK Gov website with regards to ILR:You’ll be told which documents you need to provide when you apply. You’ll need to:
  • give proof of your income and where you live - if you’re on the 5 or 2 year route
  • prove you’ve lived in the UK with your partner since you got your last visa
  • prove that your relationship with your partner is genuine
  • prove you meet the English language requirements and have passed the Life in the UK Test

for proving genuine relationship, do we need to provide photos of holidays etc?
Old Sep 23rd 2023, 9:33 am
ILR
Forum Regular

Secured super priority appt.

On the ukvcas website when I go to upload documents, names of documents required are already there. Previously for spouse visa extension, categories were given such as life events, accomodation etc. However, I have been given actual names of documents this time?
E.g
It says upload wage slips for person x, upload passport for person x etc. Is this correct?
Old Sep 26th 2023, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by ILR
thank you.

I note following on UK Gov website with regards to ILR:You’ll be told which documents you need to provide when you apply. You’ll need to:
  • give proof of your income and where you live - if you’re on the 5 or 2 year route
  • prove you’ve lived in the UK with your partner since you got your last visa
  • prove that your relationship with your partner is genuine
  • prove you meet the English language requirements and have passed the Life in the UK Test

for proving genuine relationship, do we need to provide photos of holidays etc?
That’s not really necessary for ILR. The cohabitation documents are much more important.
Old Sep 26th 2023, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by ILR
Secured super priority appt.

On the ukvcas website when I go to upload documents, names of documents required are already there. Previously for spouse visa extension, categories were given such as life events, accomodation etc. However, I have been given actual names of documents this time?
E.g
It says upload wage slips for person x, upload passport for person x etc. Is this correct?
Yes - a long overdue upgrade. You’re now actually told what you need tailored to your application.
Old Sep 26th 2023, 1:26 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Yes - a long overdue upgrade. You’re now actually told what you need tailored to your application.
That's great news for applicants!

Thanks for helping so many people on BE BiP. Your knowledge and patience is much appreciated
Old Oct 8th 2023, 7:21 pm
ILR
Forum Regular

I have completed my UKVCAS uploads but have one question.

The passport used for entry into UK initially is still the one being used for ILR so it is the only passport used for initial entry, spouse extension and ILR. I have uploaded scans of ALL pages in mandatory section.

Further down on UKVCAS, there is a section which asks for upload of previous passports or travel documents - can I leave this section completely blank as I don't have any other passports bar the one I mention above?

Old Oct 8th 2023, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by ILR
I have completed my UKVCAS uploads but have one question.

The passport used for entry into UK initially is still the one being used for ILR so it is the only passport used for initial entry, spouse extension and ILR. I have uploaded scans of ALL pages in mandatory section.

Further down on UKVCAS, there is a section which asks for upload of previous passports or travel documents - can I leave this section completely blank as I don't have any other passports bar the one I mention above?
Yes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.