Indefinite leave to remain 5 yr partner

Old Aug 20th 2023, 4:33 pm
ILR
Forum Regular

ILR is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Indefinite leave to remain 5 yr partner

Hi, would appreciate some help. Currently filling out application form for the 5 yr partner ILR route. Partner is 5yrs and 1 month living in UK.

The following question is confusing us:
Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
This could include social networks or connections to any of these countries

Does this include the UK as the qu says where you have lived for more than 5 years?

What is social groups and cultural lies?
Old Aug 20th 2023, 5:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Indefinite leave to remain 5 yr partner

Originally Posted by ILR
Hi, would appreciate some help. Currently filling out application form for the 5 yr partner ILR route. Partner is 5yrs and 1 month living in UK.

Are you part of any social groups or do you have other cultural ties in your country of birth, nationality or any other country where you have lived for more than 5 years?
This could include social networks or connections to any of these countries

Does this include the UK as the qu says where you have lived for more than 5 years?

What is social groups and cultural lies?
No it does not mean in the UK.. It clearly states in your country of birth, nationality or any other country

Do you belong to any sports, religious, volunteer etc groups in these other countries, still have family and friends there .....
Old Aug 20th 2023, 5:37 pm
ILR
Forum Regular

But it says 'another other country'.

Surely living in UK for 5 years would count as any other country?
Old Aug 20th 2023, 6:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ILR
But it says 'another other country'.

Surely living in UK for 5 years would count as any other country?
Common sense would tell you that, since you are an immigrant to the UK and therefore have little if no cultural ties or longterm social groups, they are asking about cultural ties and social groups in any other country, apart from the UK.
The question is asked in case your application is turned down and you can return to your original country without undue hardship.
Old Aug 20th 2023, 7:16 pm
ILR
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Common sense would tell you that, since you are an immigrant to the UK and therefore have little if no cultural ties or longterm social groups, they are asking about cultural ties and social groups in any other country, apart from the UK.
The question is asked in case your application is turned down and you can return to your original country without undue hardship.
Thank you for clarity.

If you answer no, it asks for reasons so what would put for saying you have no cultural ties or social networks in original country?
Old Aug 22nd 2023, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ILR
Thank you for clarity.

If you answer no, it asks for reasons so what would put for saying you have no cultural ties or social networks in original country?
This is my wife's answer to this question (she applied for ILR in May 2021):

"My centre of interests is now in the UK and so I do not have any significant ties to China, either socially or culturally. I should re-emphasise that there are no reasons that would prevent me integrating into China and that the situation that I have described is entirely my own decision."

And her answer to the previous question on the form, which asks why she replied no to the question about having any friends in her country of origin, was this:

"Since moving to the UK, my life has been focused on new friends and contacts here and as a result I have not maintained contact with friends that I previously had in China. I could establish contact again with old/previous friends, but for the purposes of this question I feel that "no" is the answer that reflects my current lifestyle. I must emphasise that the only reason for this situation is my own preference and that there is no other reason that would prevent me from renewing old friendships"

Last edited by DernierVirage; Aug 22nd 2023 at 7:41 pm. Reason: Typos corrected
Old Aug 23rd 2023, 12:50 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ILR
Thank you for clarity.

I think understanding the extreme situations might help understand the context of the question - so a political refugee, or victim of not-unlawful persecution would have a very different answer to the question than someone who has either retained ties to family, or has voluntarily ceased ties without being coerced or required to do so. So examples would include Afghans associated with the western government administration during 2003-2020, a Christian from Pakistan, or a homosexual from Uganda, all of whom could expect harassment, persecution, or worse if returned to their homeland.
Old Aug 23rd 2023, 9:49 am
ILR
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DernierVirage
This is my wife's answer to this question (she applied for ILR in May 2021):

"My centre of interests is now in the UK and so I do not have any significant ties to China, either socially or culturally. I should re-emphasise that there are no reasons that would prevent me integrating into China and that the situation that I have described is entirely my own decision."

And her answer to the previous question on the form, which asks why she replied no to the question about having any friends in her country of origin, was this:

"Since moving to the UK, my life has been focused on new friends and contacts here and as a result I have not maintained contact with friends that I previously had in China. I could establish contact again with old/previous friends, but for the purposes of this question I feel that "no" is the answer that reflects my current lifestyle. I must emphasise that the only reason for this situation is my own preference and that there is no other reason that would prevent me from renewing old friendships"
Thank you this is helpful.

Do we have to provide mortgage statement for accomodation evidence?

I am asked to provide letter but what other evidence is needed
Old Aug 23rd 2023, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

You need to provide proof of property ownership, so my wife used the mortgage statement.
Old Aug 23rd 2023, 2:06 pm
ILR
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DernierVirage
You need to provide proof of property ownership, so my wife used the mortgage statement.
We paid of mortgage so have no statement. Jjst have statement from bank to say mortgage closed is that enough?

Thanks for your help
Old Aug 23rd 2023, 2:32 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ILR
We paid of mortgage so have no statement. Just have statement from bank to say mortgage closed is that enough? ....
If you have paid off the mortgage then you should have received the title deed to your home. A copy of that would be ideal.
Old Aug 23rd 2023, 3:40 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ILR
We paid of mortgage so have no statement. Jjst have statement from bank to say mortgage closed is that enough?

Thanks for your help
Download a copy of the title register for your property here https://www.gov.uk/search-property-i...-land-registry. It costs 3 pounds and that, plus your statement from the bank re. mortgage closure will be enough. You'll already be providing evidence that you both live at the property through documents such as Council tax, utility bills etc.
Old Aug 23rd 2023, 8:04 pm
ILR
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Download a copy of the title register for your property here https://www.gov.uk/search-property-i...-land-registry. It costs 3 pounds and that, plus your statement from the bank re. mortgage closure will be enough. You'll already be providing evidence that you both live at the property through documents such as Council tax, utility bills etc.
Thank you, I did the £3 download.

However on it, it says registered owner name which is me but there is no mention of mortgage cleared on the document??

Also the following wording is on the deed:
This is not an official copy. It does not take into account if there’s a pending application with HM Land Registry. If you need to prove property ownership, for example, for a court case, you’ll need to order an official copy of the register.

Also what is the £7 OC1 form?

Last edited by ILR; Aug 23rd 2023 at 8:08 pm.
Old Aug 23rd 2023, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by ILR

However on it, it says registered owner name which is me but there is no mention of mortgage cleared on the document?? ...
But does it list liens/ is there a space to record liens, but it's blank? .... Does it say anything about Liens?

So to answer your question, I believe it should list liens, such as a mortgage, but wouldn't list cleared liens, as they're no longer relevant.
Old Aug 24th 2023, 2:15 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ILR

However on it, it says registered owner name which is me but there is no mention of mortgage cleared on the document??

Also the following wording is on the deed:
This is not an official copy. It does not take into account if there’s a pending application with HM Land Registry. If you need to prove property ownership, for example, for a court case, you’ll need to order an official copy of the register.

Also what is the £7 OC1 form?
Same as before, the copy of the title register you've downloaded, plus the bank statement you have that shows the mortgage is closed, is more than enough evidence to meet the accommodation requirement. It's exactly what I used.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.