Indefinite leave to remain 5 yr partner

Old Aug 26th 2023, 6:12 pm
ILR
Forum Regular

ILR is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Indefinite leave to remain 5 yr partner

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Same as before, the copy of the title register you've downloaded, plus the bank statement you have that shows the mortgage is closed, is more than enough evidence to meet the accommodation requirement. It's exactly what I used.
Thank you.

Had couple more questions:

Date of living together - is this the date from spouse arriving in UK? Or is it date if lived together for few weeks abroad after marriage as no visa?

How many letters in joint names and addresses are needed and what time interval?
Old Aug 27th 2023, 1:48 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Date of living together: This is the first time you lived together in the same household, before or after marriage.

You should provide at least pieces of jointly addressed correspondence covering the last two years, e.g. Council Tax bills, joint bank statements, utility bills, etc..
Old Aug 27th 2023, 10:43 am
ILR
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Date of living together: This is the first time you lived together in the same household, before or after marriage.

You should provide at least pieces of jointly addressed correspondence covering the last two years, e.g. Council Tax bills, joint bank statements, utility bills, etc..
Problem is we lived together after marriage in my spouse country but then I moved back to UK and my spouse came to UK after initial visa accepted.

In the initial application we explained all this but on ILR application there is no space to document all this?

your reply is missing number of correspondences
Old Aug 27th 2023, 2:11 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ILR
Problem is we lived together after marriage in my spouse country but then I moved back to UK and my spouse came to UK after initial visa accepted. ...
Don't over-complicate things. Put the date when you first lived together
....your reply is missing number of correspondences
There is no correct/ minimum number. As explained by BiP you should aim to "at least pieces of jointly addressed correspondence covering the last two years", though you can only provide what exists, and if it is less than that, just send examples of what you have - DO NOT send a stack of dozens, or more!

Last edited by Pulaski; Aug 27th 2023 at 3:25 pm.
Old Aug 27th 2023, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

Just looked at my wife's application form, it clearly states that 6 letters/other documents to both parties are to be submitted. We satisfied this by submitting 6 each, so 12 in total.
Old Aug 27th 2023, 7:15 pm
ILR
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DernierVirage
Just looked at my wife's application form, it clearly states that 6 letters/other documents to both parties are to be submitted. We satisfied this by submitting 6 each, so 12 in total.
What kind of timeframe did you use, documents every 2 months?

Can it be from same place? E.g. 3 gas and electric bills spread?
Old Aug 27th 2023, 7:24 pm
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

The correspondence covered the period October 2018 to April 2021, as follows:
2018: me Oct, my wife Nov
2019: me May/Sep, my wife Apr/Oct
2020: me Feb/Sept, my wife Mar/Dec
2021: me Jan, my wife Mar

So 12 letters, they were from 9 different sources (Electoral Registration Office, HMRC, HSBC, DVLA, Companies House, RBS, TV Licensing, NHS, local council).
Old Aug 27th 2023, 7:58 pm
ILR
Forum Regular

The correspondence covered the period October 2018 to April 2021, as follows:
2018: me Oct, my wife Nov
2019: me May/Sep, my wife Apr/Oct
2020: me Feb/Sept, my wife Mar/Dec
2021: me Jan, my wife Mar

So 12 letters, they were from 9 different sources (Electoral Registration Office, HMRC, HSBC, DVLA, Companies House, RBS, TV Licensing, NHS, local council).
Thanks don't think we have that many in truth.

We have about 5 in joint names
Old Sep 1st 2023, 6:06 pm
ILR
Forum Regular

Can biometrics be done AFTER BRP expiry?

do supporting documents need to be submitted before BRP Expiry?
Old Sep 17th 2023, 1:30 pm
ILR
Forum Regular

My husband is the homeowner with no mortgage for my accommodation. I have said this in the ''who provides you with accommodation'' question.

However, further down, there is a question which states ''do you currently live with parents, friends or family rent-free''? Should the answer be yes or no for this?
Old Sep 17th 2023, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ILR
My husband is the homeowner with no mortgage for my accommodation. I have said this in the ''who provides you with accommodation'' question.

However, further down, there is a question which states ''do you currently live with parents, friends or family rent-free''? Should the answer be yes or no for this?
My wife answered "no" (she lives with me in house in our name).
Old Sep 17th 2023, 2:29 pm
ILR
Forum Regular

My wife answered "no" (she lives with me in house in our name).
thanks. did you just say she does not pay rent in the letter?

Also, In the documents required for ILR, it states to provide All previous travel documents that have been used to travel to or remain in the UK.

What is travel documents?

Is this tickets etc? We had already sent back old BRP back as we got new BRP for spouse extension visa

Old Sep 17th 2023, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, I mentioned that my wife stays rent free in the letter I wrote.

Travel documents means passports.
Old Sep 17th 2023, 2:44 pm
ILR
Forum Regular

Yes, I mentioned that my wife stays rent free in the letter I wrote.

Travel documents means passports.
thanks but passport is written out specifically in that sentence. It says passports, travel documents or national ID.

Just wondering what they mean?
Old Sep 17th 2023, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

My wife submitted her current and previous passports, that was all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.