ILR Set M documents

Old Aug 19th 2021, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

alistairlp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ILR Set M documents

Hey everyone. My wife (American) and I are getting our documents together for her ILR application.

Would someone please be able to give some advice on what we have so far; we think we're pretty much there. I've grouped them into the categories provided on the Sopra Steria website.

Residence in the UK
- Tenancy agreement

Six letters of correspondence:
- Council tax, Mar-19 (joint)
- TV licence, Aug-19 (me)
- Travel insurance renewal, Oct-19 (wife)
- Council tax, Mar-20 (joint)
- TV licence, Aug-20 (me)
- Energy bill, Oct-20 (wife)
- Internet bill, Jan-21 (me)
- Council tax, May-21 (joint)
- Energy bill, May-21 (wife)

We have renewal letters from our landlord for our rental property, will these be acceptable if we submit them as part of the six letters?

Finances
- Six most recent payslips
- Six most recent bank statements
- P60

Sponsors/Employment
- Contract of employment
- Letter from employer

Proof of Identity/Travel History
- Wife current passport
- Wife old passport
- Wife BRP
- Me current passport

Other
- Declaration signed by partner

We've not been asked to provide a marriage certificate this time, should we include it anyway?

Thanks!
Old Aug 20th 2021, 7:14 pm
Forum Regular

Policy reader is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ILR Set M documents

You are glaringly missing Life in Uk test.
Old Aug 20th 2021, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

alistairlp is an unknown quantity at this point

What would we need to provide for Life in the UK with our documents?

We supplied the reference number with the application and the government website says:

If you took your test before 17 December 2019, you’ll have a letter with a ‘test reference ID’ instead of a unique reference number.
My wife took the test a couple of months ago and didn't get a letter.
Old Aug 20th 2021, 8:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by alistairlp
What would we need to provide for Life in the UK with our documents?

We supplied the reference number with the application and the government website says:

My wife took the test a couple of months ago and didn't get a letter.
Only unique reference numbers will be needed which you have already inputted. These number will enable the UKVI to verify the test.
Old Aug 28th 2021, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

andysa1966 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to hijack, my wife and I have been back in the UK 5 years, I slipped up as we didn't find out about the life in UK requirement until it was too late, don't get me wrong, started the online application months ago as I thought it would be an automatic progression, realised last minute the need for different application for ILR set M, started that application, found out about the life in the UK test, unfortunately she's not prepared for the test, anyway we have we've applied a further extension for leave to remain, do we need wait for the new visa to run its course, and apply 3 months prior to its expiry date, I read somewhere that there is a window for the ILR application, too early or too late? Thanks for any insight
Old Aug 28th 2021, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by andysa1966
Sorry to hijack, my wife and I have been back in the UK 5 years, I slipped up as we didn't find out about the life in UK requirement until it was too late, don't get me wrong, started the online application months ago as I thought it would be an automatic progression, realised last minute the need for different application for ILR set M, started that application, found out about the life in the UK test, unfortunately she's not prepared for the test, anyway we have we've applied a further extension for leave to remain, do we need wait for the new visa to run its course, and apply 3 months prior to its expiry date, I read somewhere that there is a window for the ILR application, too early or too late? Thanks for any insight
It is really very strange that you never heard this requirement ever before. Anyway if before the processing of your FLRM application she manage to pass this test then can safely vary into SET M provided can meet all of the prerequisites requirements including the English language (if from none-English speaking country). But if the application has already been processed then upon passing the life in UK test then can apply the set m at anytime without waiting the existing visa to end.