IHS PAYMENT OVERCHARGED?? HELP

Old Oct 10th 2019, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

Jdon32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IHS PAYMENT ASKING FOR AGAIN?? HELP

Originally Posted by blackscholes
Have you paid the IHS fee the your son already?

I applied but it just took the IHS fee for my spouse and they take payment for dependent children later on as far as I am aware
Yes both payment were made on the date of the online application.

On our 61wd we got a non straightforward email, 1 week later they asking for his payment for ihs, saying if payment not made by October 1 his application will be denied.
We send the attachment with the payment made on the initial date.
Yesterday we got back an email stating "again" if ihs payment is not made by October 16 his application will be denied.
Am clueless what to do here it's driving me crazy..
Old Oct 11th 2019, 1:33 am
Just Joined

Meimeivi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IHS PAYMENT OVERCHARGED?? HELP

Originally Posted by blackscholes
Yes I also got charged similar amount although I was expecting 1200 myself. I think the original IHS fee is based in $.
And the visa fee I was charged was much much higher! A total of 1645 pounds! And I thought it was only 1523 pound. No clue why it was so much

Anyone else paid the visa fee recently? Please share amount paid
19 /09/ 2019 Paris (FRANCE),
i was charged £1631 for visa fees and £1,281.94 for IHS. (Barclays bank account)
Thanks.
Old Oct 11th 2019, 7:20 am
Just Joined

geoeng is an unknown quantity at this point

The Home Office Exchange Rate Policy may help some of you wondering about differences in costs for fees charged in local currencies. HO does not charge a real-time exchange rate, the rates are set at 4% above the Bloomberg opening rate and then reviewed every couple weeks to check if they are within a tolerance of the expected rate. See more here: https://assets.publishing.service.go...ERP_Policy.pdf
Old Oct 11th 2019, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

blackscholes is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by geoeng
The Home Office Exchange Rate Policy may help some of you wondering about differences in costs for fees charged in local currencies. HO does not charge a real-time exchange rate, the rates are set at 4% above the Bloomberg opening rate and then reviewed every couple weeks to check if they are within a tolerance of the expected rate. See more here: https://assets.publishing.service.go...ERP_Policy.pdf
Good share geoeng! Thanks

From the above document, it becomes clear that visa fee will be higher if you are using, say a Sterling (GBP) account (or any other currency non local ) to pay visa fee for a country in which they take payment in the local currency. This is where you get hit the most with conversion fee and bank charges. For example, best to use Australian dollar account to pay visa fee for applicant based in Australia because payment is taken in Aussie Dollars.

And for most other countries, payment is taken in USD, so people can avoid additional charges if they can pay in USD. I stand to be corrected

Last edited by blackscholes; Oct 11th 2019 at 12:55 pm.
Old Oct 11th 2019, 6:16 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IHS PAYMENT NEEDED AGAIN

Originally Posted by Jdon32
[BritInParis
Can I get some help where this is concerned

On our 61wd we got a non straightforward email, 1 week later they asking for his payment for ihs, saying if payment not made by October 1 his application will be denied.
We send the attachment with the payment made on the initial date.
Yesterday we got back an email stating "again" if ihs payment is not made by October 16 his application will be denied.
Am clueless what to do here it's driving me crazy..
​​​​​​​
Did you make two separate payments for your spouse and child?
Old Oct 11th 2019, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Did you make two separate payments for your spouse and child?
yes I did from the date we made the online application every fee paid that day.
They not asking for mine but his own.
Old Oct 11th 2019, 6:44 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

yes I did from the date we made the online application every fee paid that day.
They not asking for mine but his own.
Did the system prompt you make a IHS payment for your son on the day of application?
Old Oct 11th 2019, 6:58 pm
Just Joined

Did the system prompt you make a IHS payment for your son on the day of application?
yes as I said before I even have a copy/ receipt of the payment along with both IHS numbers on the date we did the online application
Old Oct 11th 2019, 7:20 pm

yes as I said before I even have a copy/ receipt of the payment along with both IHS numbers on the date we did the online application
Just send them again then. Nothing else you can do.
Old Oct 11th 2019, 8:19 pm
Just Joined

Just send them again then. Nothing else you can do.
Thats what I did seems they need to make a decision because on 2 occasions they asking for it and gave a specified date. The first date was given on October 1 then a further one sent Monday requesting payment again for October 16 saying if it's not paid by then my son application will be denied...
Old Oct 11th 2019, 8:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Thats what I did seems they need to make a decision because on 2 occasions they asking for it and gave a specified date. The first date was given on October 1 then a further one sent Monday requesting payment again for October 16 saying if it's not paid by then my son application will be denied...
Follow BiP’s advice, and just a polite request - please don’t keep posting the same question. People will help if they can.

Thx.
Old Oct 12th 2019, 2:00 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

Follow BiP’s advice, and just a polite request - please don’t keep posting the same question. People will help if they can.

Thx.
thank you