I NEED HELP Please

Old Jun 21st 2011, 10:03 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Indianapolis, Indiana headed for Nottinghamshire in May, 2012
Kady is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I NEED HELP Please

I was wanting to know if anyone could give me exact dates. We are planning on moving to England approximately April, 2012. Questions are:

1) We are moving animals. After you go through the Pet Travel Scheme, how long are the pets passports good for? Everyone keeps telling me I need to do it now but I don't want them to expire before I get there.

2) To apply for a spouse visa, the website says, don't apply until 3 months that you are ready to go. How long does your visa last?

I can't seem to get this around in my head about getting the 2 above things together. I think I need to apply for the Pet Travel Scheme first and then the visa but if I don't know how long they last, then what.

Thanks for your help everyone!
Kady
Old Jun 21st 2011, 10:08 pm
Spouse of Resident Alien

White-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud ofWhite-ishRose has much to be proud of
Default Re: I NEED HELP Please

Originally Posted by Kady
I was wanting to know if anyone could give me exact dates. We are planning on moving to England approximately April, 2012. Questions are:

1) We are moving animals. After you go through the Pet Travel Scheme, how long are the pets passports good for? Everyone keeps telling me I need to do it now but I don't want them to expire before I get there.

2) To apply for a spouse visa, the website says, don't apply until 3 months that you are ready to go. How long does your visa last?

I can't seem to get this around in my head about getting the 2 above things together. I think I need to apply for the Pet Travel Scheme first and then the visa but if I don't know how long they last, then what.

Thanks for your help everyone!
Kady
sorry can't help you on the spouse visa, but I do know that the pets passport is valid as long as the vaccines are kept up to date on an annual basis. You get the animal micro-chipped, then vaccinated for rabies, then the blood test - it is imperative it is in that order. If the blood titre is fine, then the passport is active after 6 months (I think) and stays valid as long as the rabies vaccine is kept up to date. The Defra website gives details. If you let it slip, even for one day after it is due, then you have to start again with another blood test and 6 month wait...

best of luck...
Old Jun 22nd 2011, 1:32 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: I NEED HELP Please

If you have been married more than 4 years you can apply for ILE then the travel dates not quite so tight.
If you have been married for less than 4 years you can apply for a spouse visa that will be valid for 27 months, you need to have been in the UK for 2 years to apply for ILR hence you need to travel within the first 3 moths of the visa to then not require an extension in the UK.

It varies from country how long the visa application will take. Look in this site to see how long it will take from where you are applying from. http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/processingtimes