I havnt got my documents after getting my passort

Old Oct 23rd 2018, 6:31 am
Just Joined

allisonsun is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I havnt got my documents after getting my passort

So i have applied my UK spouse visa from Hong Kong on 31 Aug and got my passport back on 12 Sep (visa granted), but it's been 10 days and i havent got any of my document returned yet. Just wonder does it happen a lot? Or should i contact UKVI for that?

Would be appreciated if anyone could help here!
Old Oct 23rd 2018, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

em28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I havnt got my documents after getting my passort

Originally Posted by allisonsun
So i have applied my UK spouse visa from Hong Kong on 31 Aug and got my passport back on 12 Sep (visa granted), but it's been 10 days and i havent got any of my document returned yet. Just wonder does it happen a lot? Or should i contact UKVI for that?

Would be appreciated if anyone could help here!
Hi,

I had the same experience a short while ago. I sent emails off to various email addresses (have a look at the thread I've linked at the end) and received my documents after a few days. Only received a reply from VISAINFO.SHEFO to the emails two days ago (about the documents) and today (about return of my passport). I sent the emails over 20 days ago, and received my supporting documents 2 weeks ago.

Not sure what worked, but something did... they just took a while to reply to the emails. Got the docs back pretty soon after I sent the emails.
Just delayed responses from UKVI.

Here's the thread I had started with a similar issue (Visa approved, but original documents not returned)

Hope this helps!
Old Oct 23rd 2018, 9:56 am
Just Joined

Thanks so much! I'll definitely look at it. I planned to chase them up a bit if i havent heard from them this Fri.
Old Oct 23rd 2018, 9:59 am
Just Joined

Hi I also wonder did they send you the email and ask you to collect documents? I'm still waiting for the email now.
Old Oct 23rd 2018, 10:17 am
Forum Regular

em28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond reputeem28 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by allisonsun
Hi I also wonder did they send you the email and ask you to collect documents? I'm still waiting for the email now.
I received the email from vfs to collect my passport about 2 weeks after I had received my passport.
The sms from vfs came on time so I knew when they sent my passport back to me.
Old Oct 23rd 2018, 10:24 am
Just Joined

Hi Em

Thanks! I tried to post another one but somehow it failed...

So i chekced the link you shared with me, and i realized that your visa starts on 1 Oct but you only got your orginal documents back on 11 Oct? (i noticed your post time)...does that mean you enter UK AFTER collecting your documents, which is 11 days after the entry-permit time?

Also i have sent email to two adresses mentioned in your link, but i just realised that [email protected] said they won't answer any incoming email. So did you get your email reply from [email protected]?

Thanks!