Taking IELTS for Spouse Visa When Abroad (Tourist)

Old Oct 22nd 2018, 10:03 pm
Just Joined

churley1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taking IELTS for Spouse Visa When Abroad (Tourist)

Hi All,

My wife is looking to join me permanently in the UK after being together for almost a decade. We're currently in the UK (I was born in the UK and I'm a resident) but she's here simply visiting on a tourist visa.

My question is can she take the IELTS Life Skills A1 test here in London whilst on her tourist visa? She'll be heading back to Colombia the day after to carry on the visa process but it would be great if we could speed up the process by taking the exam a bit earlier.

Finally, even though I'm English, I've found some of the information a little misleading. Is the IELTS Life Skills A1 test the only exam she needs in order to apply for the Spouse Visa? I just want to be 100% sure she doesn't need any additional IELTS based certificates to apply.

Many thanks,

Churley1
Old Oct 22nd 2018, 10:28 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Taking IELTS for Spouse Visa When Abroad (Tourist)

She can take the exam in the UK. For the initial spouse visa only IELTS Life Skills A1 is required.
Old Oct 23rd 2018, 10:42 am
Just Joined

churley1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Taking IELTS for Spouse Visa When Abroad (Tourist)

Originally Posted by BritInParis
She can take the exam in the UK. For the initial spouse visa only IELTS Life Skills A1 is required.
Thanks BritInParis, I'll get her booked in then!