Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Husband's Settlement visa application sent back as sent to 'wrong' office!!

Husband's Settlement visa application sent back as sent to 'wrong' office!!

Old May 23rd 2011, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

stixng has a spectacular aura aboutstixng has a spectacular aura aboutstixng has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation Husband's Settlement visa application sent back as sent to 'wrong' office!!

Hi all

Hoping someone can help us??!!

My husband submitted his submitted visa application on May 9, 2011 online. On May 12, he completed my biometrics and on May 14, mailed off all of the required paperwork and supporting docs to the New York office as directed since he filed with Worldbridge's 'settlement priority service.'

Problem is...
...On Friday he received all the submitted paperwork back with note from the New York office. The note indicated that the New York office could not process his application indicating that it is because he applied to the office in Los Angeles as his application was completed prior to the 6th of April??! It then states that he needs to re-apply and that he is not entitled to a refund as biometrics have already been taken!

Here's where we think it went wrong: we realize that the L.A office stopped processing visa applications for any submitted after April 6. Thereafter all applications should be sent to New York for processing. Ours should have been fine except... the system identified and used the 'application start date' instead of my 'submitted date' field to assess when the application was submitted. We actually started filling out the application online some time in March and have been carefully updating it weekly and saving it. However, World Bridge sees it as being submitted before April 6th so they've sent if back indicating that I should have sent it to L.A. Now that L.A. is finished processing visas, they're telling me that I need to re-apply AND pay all fees AGAIN!!!!

We sent an email to the LA office and NY office. Contacted Worldbridge and they say we have to reapply.

So frustrated right now, we followed Worldbridge's directions on paying for priority service to send it to the New York office but they're not taking any ownership on their part!

Is there someone we could speak to who is on our side?!! Having to fork out another $1600 is not fair!
Old May 23rd 2011, 11:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Husband's Settlement visa application sent back as sent to 'wrong' office!!

Have you posted this over on the www.talk.uk-yankee.com forum? They may be able to give you guidance on what to do. Good luck!
Old May 24th 2011, 12:11 am
Just Joined

stixng has a spectacular aura aboutstixng has a spectacular aura aboutstixng has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Husband's Settlement visa application sent back as sent to 'wrong' office!!

sure did bluegrass! am hoping these forums will come through for us again this time!
Old May 24th 2011, 4:07 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold

http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/visiting-uk/visas/

Why not try making a complaint as shown at the bottom of the page
Old May 25th 2011, 12:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by pennylessinindia
http://ukinusa.fco.gov.uk/en/visiting-uk/visas/

Why not try making a complaint as shown at the bottom of the page
Yeah, we made several complaints to various email addresses including the one listed above. Even left a voicemail for an officer at the LA British consulate. We did all that on Friday but as of this morning, still no reply from anyone!

So since we live in San Diego, we decided that we'd make the 2 hr drive to the LA British consulate to see whether we could speak to someone in person!

After being screened by security, we waited in the lobby for close to 40min but the wait was worth it as the Vice-Consul came down to see us and advised us to reapply and send our application to a specific person in New York and they would also issue us a refund after our reapplication. She gave us her business card and asked as to call her if we have any problems. My husband has to take his biometrics again but that's no biggy!