How long are spousal visas taking at the moment?

Old Aug 5th 2015, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

mayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nice
Default How long are spousal visas taking at the moment?

My husband and I are looking to relocate back to the UK in April of next year and I'm wondering if anyone has any advice on when I should start the visa process. I know my first visa (2011) took 3 days once I mailed off the package, I couldn't believe it! Not sure if things have changed since then or if I should get started?
Old Aug 5th 2015, 8:24 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long are spousal visas taking at the moment?

No point in starting now if you're looking to move in April 2016. As a general rule you should look to apply no sooner than three months before your proposed arrival date in the UK. You should also make yourself aware of the new financial requirements that have been introduced since July 2012 if you haven't done so already.
Old Aug 5th 2015, 8:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Applications can take up to 90 days depending on where you are applying from - with priority service it can be reduced to about 3 weeks.

I would not apply more than three months before you are intending to move.

Requirements for a spouse visa have changed considerably since 2011. You should make yourself aware of the financial, relationship, accommodation requirements:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...equirement.pdf
Old Aug 5th 2015, 8:50 pm
Forum Regular

mayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nicemayb is just really nice

Thanks, I've done a lot of research on the financial requirements and that should not be an issue, my husband should be going back to his old job that meet the financial requirements. We will be living with his parents for just enough time that we can find a place together in person.

Good to know it's still such a short time for the application. When we applied for his US visa the process took over a year!!! I'll put the application on the back burner until 2016.
Old Aug 6th 2015, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

LBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really nice

It took us quite a bit of time to get the relationship documents, bank info and sorting out how to meet the financial requirement (if using all or partial savings must be in an approved account 6 months before applying). We applied with priority service from the U.S. and got a decision the day after our application was received in Sheffield, this was the end of June this year.
Old Aug 14th 2015, 7:47 pm
Next chapter awaits

HighCaper is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LBJR07
It took us quite a bit of time to get the relationship documents, bank info and sorting out how to meet the financial requirement (if using all or partial savings must be in an approved account 6 months before applying). We applied with priority service from the U.S. and got a decision the day after our application was received in Sheffield, this was the end of June this year.
Hi, you got a fast reply after they received your application but how long before they received it did you apply ?