Help with spouse settlement VISA

Old Jul 6th 2011, 2:33 am
Just Joined

gingerwolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help with spouse settlement VISA

Hi all,

Thanks for the information given so far.

Few more questions -

In regards to cohabitation:

My girlfriend started bascically living with me in November of last year, which means she spent every night there without officially moving in. She officially moved her belongings into my apartment in February ( i spent 3 weeks in Decmber and 2 weeks in January back in the Uk ). When we applied for a 6 month visitor VISA - this was turned down due to lack of evidence of relationship and her circumstances in |China ( ie ECO saw no reason for her to come back and so thought she'd become illegal resident in UK ).

At this point I managed to get my job rotation in China extended and we moved into a more permanent apartment until the end of the year.

My problem is that my company pay my accomodation and all utility bills in china so I dont get anything formal to prove where i live or that my wife lives with me.

When we decided to get married after some long discussions in April and started to put together a list of what we needed to show the ECO:

Below is what I do have:

1: Letter from my company in China confirming my residence until END OF 2011 - Including that they pay.
2: A letter from my company stating that they are aware my and the wife live together at this address.
3: A letter from my land lady that she is aware we cohabit at the address.
4: The envelope the ECO kindly sent us our last refusal letter in with my wifes name sent to this address.
5: Her employment contract stating her address.
6: Her bank statement with the address.
7: letters from friends and family saying they are aware we live together and have done since November.

Unfortunately we can not get anything official stating we both are at the adress together as no bills and no joint bank accounts in china.
Also the evidence above is only from April onwards - do you think this is sufficient?? especially as i will state we have been living together since November.

Second Question:

My UK accomodation: With living in China it is difficult for me to pull together some paperwork such as a council tax bill and mortgage statement ( The last mortgage statement I had was given in the visitor VISA application and never returned and my brother can not find any old ones.)

What i can supply is;

1 - A letter from local council stating I am registered as paying council tax at my UK address ( they wont send out e-mailed statements themselves )
2 - Online gas, electric and sky TV bills going back as far as needed - all in my name.
3 - A letter from my brother who I share the house with and is still living there saying he is happy for us to move in as a married couple.

Do you think this is sufficient?

Thanks for the help stew
Old Jul 6th 2011, 1:23 pm
Back from India

pennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to beholdpennylessinindia is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Help with spouse settlement VISA

May be clearer if you keep to one post
Folk gave you lots of pointers last time