Visa Vs passport entry to UK

Old Jul 6th 2011, 8:01 am
Just Joined

HaJaTo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Vs passport entry to UK

Hi all,
My partner is a British passport holder which she aquired by way of natrualization, our son is Australian and is 1.5yrs. What visa would she need to apply for him to gain entry into the UK, can we apply for a passport for him once were back in the UK ? Is it practicle to consider moving over on his Oz passport for 6 months and applying for his UK passport once in the UK.

Im not sure of the issues, if any, around a UK passport holder(through natrualization) and children of that person applying for a UK passport either ??

any suggestions from the forum,
cheers
Old Jul 6th 2011, 11:34 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa Vs passport entry to UK

Originally Posted by HaJaTo
Hi all,
My partner is a British passport holder which she aquired by way of natrualization, our son is Australian and is 1.5yrs. What visa would she need to apply for him to gain entry into the UK, can we apply for a passport for him once were back in the UK ? Is it practicle to consider moving over on his Oz passport for 6 months and applying for his UK passport once in the UK.

Im not sure of the issues, if any, around a UK passport holder(through natrualization) and children of that person applying for a UK passport either ??

any suggestions from the forum,
cheers
When you talk of gaining entry to the UK are you talking about moving to the UK on a longterm/permanent basis or just visiting?
Old Jul 6th 2011, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

It would be better to get the British passport before leaving Australia.
Old Jul 7th 2011, 4:44 am
Just Joined

HaJaTo is an unknown quantity at this point

As my partner was not born in the UK my son doesnt qualify for a british passport so its been suggested we apply for a EEA family visa on my Irish passport-has anyone had experince with these forms, is it a straight forward process ??
Old Jul 7th 2011, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HaJaTo
As my partner was not born in the UK my son doesnt qualify for a british passport so its been suggested we apply for a EEA family visa on my Irish passport-has anyone had experince with these forms, is it a straight forward process ??
You are aware that someone who is naturalised British is considered "British other than by descent" and can pass on British citizenship to one generation born outside the UK?

Last edited by roaringmouse; Jul 7th 2011 at 11:28 am.
Old Jul 7th 2011, 4:15 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
You are aware that someone who is naturalised British is considered "British other than by descent" and can pass on British citizenship to one generation born outside the UK?
Someone else on here mentioned that and I was surprised, it's a little loophole. Someone naturalized as a UKC can pass on citizenship, strange isn't it!