FLR questions

Old Aug 12th 2019, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

omario2016 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FLR questions

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You don’t want them to refuse you under the wrong category. See if there’s a response in the meantime but I would go back again if there hadn’t been by the time you receive the bank statements.
Hi, we finally received the 12 months bank statement for the savings account and we just forward it to Home Office alongside employment history docs from that period which these savings were accumulated. Let's hope it is clear enough that we meet the financial requirement through savings not income and as such they should just treat this case as straight forward as it is and without any other hiccups!

Fingers crossed! Nail biting moments......
Old Aug 13th 2019, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

takhtar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by omario2016
Update and your urgent feedback is kindly needed:

we we received an email today from Home Office telling us the decision won’t be reached within 8 weeks period as they require more info(!).

Bit of background: my wife has applied for FLR (M) and we meet financial requirements through cash savings.

This is what Home Office asks: “

We have two questions;
1. While applying through cash savings, you only need to provide last 6 months bank statements which we had done. Why are they asking for 12 months?

2. We don’t have a problem in submitting 12 months worth of bank statements but it obviously delays the process (not due to our error?) and also even the 12 months bank statement will not show any income as she seems to expect it will show (see quote above)

We had clearly stated this savings is the same saving we had relied upon when my wife applied for her spouse visa in other words, money has been setting there for more than 2 and half years.....

We are not really sure what to do really. Shall we provide the 12 month bank statement and say that there is no income shown on it as money had been setting there for more than two years?

Or

before sending back, just reply to her email and ask for clarification as to is it the source of income they want to see or just 12 months bank statement?

Or

or does anyone have any other suggestions/comments?

Your ur prompt reply will be highly appreciated!
Best regards,
Hello omario2016,
I got to know from my cousin who recently applied for his wife's FLR that now HomeOffice asks for 12months bank statements. He knew it and provided 12month bank statement instead of 6months and his case went smoothly.
Old Aug 13th 2019, 11:53 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by takhtar
Hello omario2016,
I got to know from my cousin who recently applied for his wife's FLR that now HomeOffice asks for 12months bank statements. He knew it and provided 12month bank statement instead of 6months and his case went smoothly.
Which Category did your cousin apply under to meet the financial requirement?
Old Aug 13th 2019, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

He did not apply through savings for sure,because he is working so yeah he was meeting the financial requirement through his earnings.
Old Aug 13th 2019, 2:19 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

He did not apply through savings for sure,because he is working so yeah he was meeting the financial requirement through his earnings.
There are 8 different ways to meet the financial requirements through income, 4 of them from employment income. Some require 6 months of bank statements, some require 12, some require audited accounts. It's very important that the applicant sends the specified financial evidence for the category they're applying under, not more and not less.
Old Aug 13th 2019, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

SarahSaha is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello,

I have read a lot of the information provided on this thread and others in particular from BritInParis and have found it incredibly helpful. I was feeling very lost until I found this site, so thank you all.
I have a couple of questions re. FLR.
I'm British, my husband's Indian, his BRP will expire October 4th. We are currently in India, I have started the application but will submit it once we arrive back in the UK. If we are not asked for any extra evidence how long realistically do you think it will take to be granted the visa and then to receive the BRP? UKGov says 8 weeks, is this about right?
What would happen if before we got a decision we had to return to India, as my mother in law suffers from ill-health?
After ten months of living in the UK, we moved back to India as my father in law was ill and then passed away. We made the decision to stay in India to support his mum mentally and financially. Since October 2017 my husband has only spent short periods in the UK. I will explain the absence reasons in a covering letter and have my Father in law's death certificate.

Many thanks
Old Aug 13th 2019, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=DernierVirage;12696622]Nice to catch up...time flies! If you go to this thread you will find some posts from me about the whole subject of FLR dates, hope it will be useful.

QUOTE]
Hi DernierVirage, I was unable to find your post when I clicked on the link. Do you still have the information?
Thank you
Old Aug 17th 2019, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

Update on my wife's FLR application:

first of all many thanks for all who has helped. I thought to update as others may find it helpful. As I had mentioned above Home Office sent her a letter on 1st of August (application made 7th of June) stating that they won't be able to make a decision on her application within the 8 week time frame. They asked for a "12 months bank statement showing the transactions for the income which the applicant relied on". This request puzzled us a little bit as we were meeting the financial requirement by relying on savings wholly. We nevertheless requested fresh bank statement and once we received it we scanned and emailed it straight away.

Home Office letter came through the post today (even though letter was dated 13th of August) stating that she has been granted a period of 30 months limited leave to remain under paragraph D-LTRP1.1. What has confused us a little bit is some phrasing which has made us think this is not FLR?

Under "Further Applications" in this letter, they state: "You should apply for further leave to remain in the prescribed manner prior to the expiry of your current leave.........Following a continuous period of lawful leave to remain in the UK of at least five years (60 months) and subject to meeting the requirements of the Immigration Rules at the time, you may be eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK........

Just to say that the letter heading reads: "Grant of Leave to Remain" "Five Year Partner Route"

Can someone confirm whether this is indeed a further leave to remain i.e. after this expires, my wife can apply for ILR (as she would have completed 60 months starting from Entry Clearance date) or is this limited leave extension and FLR is after the expiry of this leave (we certainly hope this is not the case as this means longer timeline for ILR and an addition of almost £2.5k for another application.

Any light shed would be highly appreciated.
Old Aug 18th 2019, 12:53 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like FLR to me.
Old Aug 19th 2019, 8:44 am
Forum Regular

DernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond reputeDernierVirage has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by omario2016
Update on my wife's FLR application:

Just to say that the letter heading reads: "Grant of Leave to Remain" "Five Year Partner Route"

Can someone confirm whether this is indeed a further leave to remain i.e. after this expires, my wife can apply for ILR (as she would have completed 60 months starting from Entry Clearance date) or is this limited leave extension and FLR is after the expiry of this leave (we certainly hope this is not the case as this means longer timeline for ILR and an addition of almost £2.5k for another application.

Any light shed would be highly appreciated.
This is exactly what my wife received last year when she got FLR (I just checked her letter!), so congratulations !!!
Old Aug 19th 2019, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

but it says this ---> " you may be eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK........" , So i think this is FLR.

But can you confirm that there was no problem of the absent days your wife had? I have heard that sometimes they make it harder to give FLR when you have absent days. Have you justified that in your application?
Old Aug 19th 2019, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

Thank you BritInParis !

ThaDernierVirage for the reassurance Looking forward to our exchanges for ILR.

Best of luck for everyone else who is waiting or about to apply.
Old Aug 19th 2019, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

but it says this ---> " you may be eligible to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the UK........" , So i think this is FLR.

But can you confirm that there was no problem of the absent days your wife had? I have heard that sometimes they make it harder to give FLR when you have absent days. Have you justified that in your application?
Thanks.

Regarding absences, we just made sure she was never away from the UK more than 6 months in a year (counting from her entry clearance not the calendar year). In the last year before applying for ILR, she was only away for about 3.5 months.....and we did not have to explain why. We just made sure to put an accurate and exact dates for times she was away which obviously correspondent to stamps on her passport.

Hope this helps.
Old Aug 19th 2019, 8:57 am
Forum Regular

omario2016 This means I was provided wrong information (by someone ....) that once I enter UK on a spouse visa, I should avoid travelling abroad otherwise Home office would kick me out when I apply for FLR. So thats indeed 180days allowed in 12months as a rule. Perfect!

Thank you for your confirmation and congratulations on your success! I might stay in touch as I will be applying for my FLR in about an year
Old Sep 25th 2019, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

Hello,
Could someone help please - do you have to print off the completed FLR application form and take it with you to the appointment?
Many thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.