FLR (M) urgent questions!

Old Dec 18th 2019, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

Sweetlady1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FLR (M) urgent questions!

Hi everyone,
I’d really appreciate input on this! I’m now in the process of applying for a FLR visa after successfully obtaining a fiancé visa. My husband and I got married on 23/11/2019 and currently filing in the online questions. My husband had a child 8 years ago and co-parents with the mother. The mother of the child has always lived in Northwest England with the child whilst we live in West Midlands and visit our daughter bi-weekly.

Questions:
- My husband and I live in a rental apartment with all bills included and not having ANY items of correspondence in both our names. Would this cause an issue?

Documents we need to provide
- Evidence of where *childs name* other parent lives.
-Evidence that I have contact with *childs name* such as a signed and dated letter from the other parent.
-Evidence of my parental relationship with *childs name* such as a birth or adoption certificate, proof of financial contributions to the child’s well being or general evidence demonstrating concern and interest in the child.

Due to the relationship my husband and his daughter’s mother has, she would not be willing to provide the documents we need in my application. I’ve not adopted the child nor do I have evidence of financial contribution towards the childs well being. I have only spent time with the child and have pictures of us together with occasionally me buying items (toys, gifts etc) for the child.
Would we need a cover letter to explain their relationship dynamics and why we can’t provide the necessary documents? Will this affect my application?

Please share anything that might help us with this application. I’d really appreciate it!
Old Dec 18th 2019, 4:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FLR (M) urgent questions!

1. As you h ave only just married, showing proof of joint utility bills etc is not so important as showing your marriage certificate and any other documentation to show a genuine relationship.
2. Did you have to declare t his child in the application for your fiance visa? If you did then prsent what you presented for the fiance visa.
Presume these questions are coming up due to financial responsibilities of your sponsor (husband). If he has no documentation of any sort regarding the child, and cannot get it, then a letter of explanation is needed.

Don't quite understand why the application is asking for evidence of YOU having financial responsibility/contact etc with child.
Old Dec 18th 2019, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
1. As you h ave only just married, showing proof of joint utility bills etc is not so important as showing your marriage certificate and any other documentation to show a genuine relationship.
2. Did you have to declare t his child in the application for your fiance visa? If you did then prsent what you presented for the fiance visa.
Presume these questions are coming up due to financial responsibilities of your sponsor (husband). If he has no documentation of any sort regarding the child, and cannot get it, then a letter of explanation is needed.

Don't quite understand why the application is asking for evidence of YOU having financial responsibility/contact etc with child.
Hi SanDiegogirl thank you for your response!
When I applied for my fiancé application there was only one question of my then fiancé having a child and if he caters to his child’s needs financially. I was not asked to contribute any evidence about my relationship with the child, however I did submit pictures of us together.
The questions about the child weren’t as elaborate and concerning of them in the previous application as it is in FLR application.

Besides being served with a child support agreement there are no other documents regarding the child.

I too was shocked to see how much evidence they need towards the child’s wellbeing for my application

I forgot to ask earlier if an Appendix form is needed for the FLR or was that only for the fiancé application?
Old Dec 18th 2019, 9:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Appendix 2 is now included with the online application. There does not appear to be a separate hard copy form which needs to be completed.
Old Dec 18th 2019, 9:54 pm
Just Joined

Thanks loads SanDiegogirl!!
Old Feb 14th 2020, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

I got my grant of leave to remain! Thank you SanDiegogirl for all your help!
Old Feb 14th 2020, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You're welcome.... congratulations