FLR (M)

Old Mar 4th 2018, 12:23 pm
Just Joined

Black Panther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FLR (M)

Hi, I am new here so please bare with me. My husband (USA citizen) was given his spouse visa (2.5years) after we got married in Uk.Now it’s almost time to renew his visa but wanted to find out a few things!
1. He was working all along until Jan 30 when he was told his position is no longer available. I am a UK citizen and makes over the required financial threshold. Can he apply for the FLR (M) without a job and can I be his sponsor? Using my bank statement and payslips etc?
Please advise?
2. Which route do we go with as I will be sponsoring him?
Thank you in advance
Old Mar 4th 2018, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FLR (M)

Once you, as the sponsor, are making over the required amount of £18,600, you can apply with your salary alone.

I am not sure what you mean about which route. Could you clarify please? I presume you mean the five year route?
Old Mar 5th 2018, 5:44 am
Just Joined

Thank you so much fo replying!
He was given 30 months and he is on a 5 year route. Correct me if I am wrong, but my understanding is, when he applies again FLR M, and is successful, he will be eligible for Idefinity Leave to remain (After 2.5years)? And with the route, I meant the category! Since he is not working at the moment, can he apply through Category A? With me as his sponsor?
The information we seem to come across is for someone who is out of UK and is being sponsored to join there spouse.
I hope this makes sense Thanks
Originally Posted by Black Panther
Hi, I am new here so please bare with me. My husband (USA citizen) was given his spouse visa (2.5years) after we got married in Uk.Now it’s almost time to renew his visa but wanted to find out a few things!
1. He was working all along until Jan 30 when he was told his position is no longer available. I am a UK citizen and makes over the required financial threshold. Can he apply for the FLR (M) without a job and can I be his sponsor? Using my bank statement and payslips etc?
Please advise?
2. Which route do we go with as I will be sponsoring him?
Thank you in advance
Old Mar 5th 2018, 8:24 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

You are still the sponsor so, if you just use your salary which meets the requirements, you don’t need to even mention your husband’s, so he does not need a category to apply.

Yes, once he has FLR(M) he applies again in two and a half years for Indefinite Leave to Remain.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 9:49 am
Just Joined

Thank you so much. We can breath, I thought The Applicant has to be working regardless.
They do ask though I think in section 7 which category you are applying for and if the applicant/Spouse is working. I guess we just put No and continue with your the form?
Thanks again, for your help. I appreciate
Originally Posted by michali
You are still the sponsor so, if you just use your salary which meets the requirements, you don’t need to even mention your husband’s, so he does not need a category to apply.

Yes, once he has FLR(M) he applies again in two and a half years for Indefinite Leave to Remain.
Old Mar 5th 2018, 11:27 pm
Just Joined

webdesignt is an unknown quantity at this point

As the other lovely people here have said, as long as the sponsor meets the financial requirement, that is fine!
Old Mar 7th 2018, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by webdesignt
As the other lovely people here have said, as long as the sponsor meets the financial requirement, that is fine!
Thanks for reassuring us! Appreciated