No news on supporting documents!?

Old Mar 7th 2018, 12:20 am
Forum Regular

cca123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No news on supporting documents!?

Hi All

We shipped our supporting documents on 27th Feb from USA via priority express delivery with a guaranteed delivery of 5th March. Yesterday the last we heard from tracking was that it was in Coventry uk. I don't think that it could go from Coventry to Sheffield in space of a day but either way we haven't heard anything since yesterday morning??
Has anybody had any experience with a similar story and it all ended up OK? How long does it take for Sheffield to send an acknowledgment receipt of receiving the documents? We are just a little worried the trails gone dead since yesterday morning and I really want to get started with the "12 weeks" processing time.
Thanks!
Old Mar 7th 2018, 7:12 am
Just Joined

cheeky123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: No news on supporting documents!?

Coventry to Sheffield is only a couple of hours. I sent my documents by express courier too and to provide some assurance, I used the paid email service to obtain a verification that UKVI received my supporting documentation. You could do the same to have some peace of mind.
Old Mar 7th 2018, 7:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cca123
How long does it take for Sheffield to send an acknowledgment receipt of receiving the documents?
You may not get that - http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...t-made-910043/

I know it's easier said than done, but once tracking has shown the documents have got there (as said above, Coventry to Sheffield is an easy drive, probably Coventry was the depot the was loaded and and they will be delivered from there), then try and distract yourself from worrying about it constantly!

Good luck.
Old Mar 7th 2018, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cheeky123
Coventry to Sheffield is only a couple of hours. I sent my documents by express courier too and to provide some assurance, I used the paid email service to obtain a verification that UKVI received my supporting documentation. You could do the same to have some peace of mind.
Thank you. Oh so you have to pay an extra fee for Sheffield to email you saying they have the docs? How do I do this? Tracking now shows that the docs have got there (2 days after the guaranteed delivery date but I'm glad they're now there!!)
Thanks!
Old Mar 7th 2018, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You may not get that - http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...t-made-910043/

I know it's easier said than done, but once tracking has shown the documents have got there (as said above, Coventry to Sheffield is an easy drive, probably Coventry was the depot the was loaded and and they will be delivered from there), then try and distract yourself from worrying about it constantly!

Good luck.
Thank you! I know I need a break haha its all so stressful. The tracking now says its there so, if I don't receive an email, is 12 week wait (I know it can be more though) from day it gets delivered or when they acknowledge it through processing?
Thanks!
Old Mar 7th 2018, 8:45 pm
Forum Regular

Invisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond reputeInvisible has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cca123
Thank you! I know I need a break haha its all so stressful. The tracking now says its there so, if I don't receive an email, is 12 week wait (I know it can be more though) from day it gets delivered or when they acknowledge it through processing?
Thanks!
It's from the first working day after you had biometrics taken.

When I sent my documents to Sheffield the next correspondence I had was approx. 10 days later the documents were returned along with generic letter stating that they had taken copies and will be in contact if anything else is needed. that was about 7 weeks ago.
Old Mar 7th 2018, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

Oh so we get our documents back? The whole packet that was sent? I was just excepting the original copies such as birth certificate etc to be sent back with passport once a decision has been made.. I only sent the one envelope and prepaid envelope bought from that global site? Did I miss something?
Thanks!