FLR(M) 2 questions on "duration in UK"

Old Oct 12th 2016, 9:51 pm
Just Joined

Kedgeree is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FLR(M) 2 questions on "duration in UK"

We're at the halfway mark to ILR so are applying to extend my wife's visa. There are a couple of questions I'm not sure how to answer:

3.9 "How long has your sponsor lived in the UK?" I'm a Brit, was born in London, moved abroad in my 20s, got married, moved back over a decade later, and have now been back for 2.5 years. Any thoughts on how to answer this question?

6.9 "Have you lived together permanently in the UK since your last grant of limited leave to remain?" Yes except for a few weeks after the visa was issued — I came back first; my wife followed a little later. Again, not sure how to answer this one.

I'd be grateful for any tips or thoughts!
Old Oct 12th 2016, 10:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FLR(M) 2 questions on "duration in UK"

From the look of the form (Question 3.9) there is room for written detail.

I would put:

Born UK m/d/year; moved abroad m/d/year; returned to UK m/d/year

That should clarify the situation.

Yes to second question.
Old Oct 13th 2016, 11:49 am
Just Joined

Kedgeree is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FLR(M) 2 questions on "duration in UK"

SanDiegogirl, thank you for the suggestions! I guess they just want to get the info rather than posing trick questions, and I'll fill it in as you suggest.