first child british passport overseas

Old Aug 13th 2016, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

Jacejaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: first child british passport overseas

Originally Posted by teejay69
Hi

You dont need to go to philipines for any interview. my interview was done on the phone, it lasted for 45mins,

after my interview , it took 2 weeks for my kids passport to be processed and i received the passport within 3 weeks of my interview..

But the mother of your kid must attend an interview at the British embassey in manila. they will ask normal questions about your relationship and also confirm child details..but the whole process will take 6 to 10 months
I am the wife. and in the UK since April with spousal Visa. So do I really need to go Philippines to attend the interview or just my kids and with their granny? Can't they just interview me try phone also
Old Oct 15th 2016, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

Hello everyone😀. Majesty office called me on monday. and yesterday morninf they sent me email saying they already concluded the application and they asking for recent passport size photo of my kids for them to complete the application.
Im just excited.
Old Oct 15th 2016, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

haydock67 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jacejaz
Hello everyone😀. Majesty office called me on monday. and yesterday morninf they sent me email saying they already concluded the application and they asking for recent passport size photo of my kids for them to complete the application.
Im just excited.
That's fantastic news, I know you have been waiting for such a long time. Hopefully now your children can finally join you before the year ends. The good news is that even though you waited so long, you didn't need to do a DNA test or an interview it seems? Best wishes for the future
Old Oct 15th 2016, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

This has been my experience so far regarding application for my daughter's passport.

Friday 24th June 2016. Application posted to Durham passport
Monday 27th June Application received by passport office
Wednesday 29th June Passport fees debited from my account
Friday July 8th Email received from Durham overseas team requesting more supporting documents, ie wife's passport at time of daughter's conception. Informed them that this was lost at that time.

Thursday July 14th Email received from Durham overseas team that they have now completed their checks in the U.K and application has now been referred to colleagues overseas for checks.

Thursday August 4th. Email received from CSN International inviting me to attend an interview in London
Monday 22nd August. Attended interview in London which lasted just over an hour, very detailed questioning.

Tuesday 27th September. Email received from Accra, Ghana passport office requesting a DNA test. Next available slot for DNA testing is available in 5 days time for my wife and daughter in Sierra Leone. I need to arrange this ASAP, as they have no idea when testing will next become available, it could be next year! Me rushing around (here in London) to find an approved DNA company who can get the testing kits to the British Embassy in Sierra Leone by Wednesday 5th October. Finally got a Canadian based company who was able to do this for me.

Wednesday 5th October. Wife and daughter gave DNA samples at British Embassy in Sierra Leone

Tuesday 11th October. Email received from legal firm (acting on behalf of DNA company) that they have scheduled an appointment for Thursday 27th October, for me to have my DNA samples taken at passport office in London. DNA testing is costing me in total £553!! By the looks of things, the process seems to be moving forward steadily as so far it's been just over 3 months. Am hoping that once the DNA results are in, that the checks will be more or less over, but am not holding my breath! Will keep you guys updated sometime again next month
Old Oct 15th 2016, 11:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by haydock67
That's fantastic news, I know you have been waiting for such a long time. Hopefully now your children can finally join you before the year ends. The good news is that even though you waited so long, you didn't need to do a DNA test or an interview it seems? Best wishes for the future
I hope no more dna test or interview or whatever. Because they called in philippines as well. They just confirmed if i am really in london now. So then they called my husband and confirmed that i am with my husband. So maybe no more interview. Im hoping.
Old Nov 15th 2016, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

Hi guys
So I had my DNA test done in London on 27th October and I have today received a text message informing me that the passport can be collected in Sierra Leone by my wife. All in all it took about 5 months.. They are asking my wife to walk with ID to collect my daughter's passport, but the problem is my wife has no ID as everything was sent to the British Embassy her passport and her National Identity card they've got it all.. Any suggestions as to what she should do? Also, will they be sending the documents all back to her at some point.. All very confusing and no one to call and ask either, as they sent a text message and not an email...
Old Nov 17th 2016, 10:49 am
Just Joined

teejay69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Great news you got a message saying to collect the passport. now all your documents will be sent from the british embassy to your home address
Old Nov 18th 2016, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

Many thanks for this. Yes my wife received the documents at the visa centre in Sierra Leone, even though I applied for the passport here in the U.K. She has now collected the passport. Now onto her spousal visa application, am not looking forward to that 😳

Originally Posted by teejay69
Great news you got a message saying to collect the passport. now all your documents will be sent from the british embassy to your home address