first child british passport overseas

Old Jan 1st 2016, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

Jacejaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default first child british passport overseas

I am a british citizen and I have a 2 kids born in philippines..dey are 6 and 4 years old now. They are living in philippines with their mom ( my wife)..I was adviced that we don't need them to register because they are automatically british ( depending on my birth year and their birth year thats y no need to register them).
My wife just made their passport application online..she sent to me the form and the documents because I have to sign it to the countersignatory whom is our family friend ( because we are adviced that it is easier if the countersignatory holds a british passport..and I have to give my birth cert original coz I have here with me..then I was the one sent to liverpool( next day delivery)I sent it on dec 28 2015 and I just checked/ tracked it online the status is( recieved declaration form and its on process)...what I do now is hoping and praying that it wont take that long and ofcourse giving back the documents with their passports already
Old Jan 1st 2016, 4:59 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: first child british passport overseas

Originally Posted by Jacejaz
I am a british citizen and I have a 2 kids born in philippines..dey are 6 and 4 years old now. They are living in philippines with their mom ( my wife)..I was adviced that we don't need them to register because they are automatically british ( depending on my birth year and their birth year thats y no need to register them).
My wife just made their passport application online..she sent to me the form and the documents because I have to sign it to the countersignatory whom is our family friend ( because we are adviced that it is easier if the countersignatory holds a british passport..and I have to give my birth cert original coz I have here with me..then I was the one sent to liverpool( next day delivery)I sent it on dec 28 2015 and I just checked/ tracked it online the status is( recieved declaration form and its on process)...what I do now is hoping and praying that it wont take that long and ofcourse giving back the documents with their passports already
You just wait.. nothing else you can do.
Old Jan 4th 2016, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikelincs
You just wait.. nothing else you can do.
Yes and hope won't take long :-)
Old Jan 19th 2016, 9:24 am
Forum Regular

ruri is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes and hope won't take long :-)
Any news on your passport application? It took me only 2 weeks to receive my daughter's first british passport. She was born in Malaysia and I applied from Malaysia too. The passport arrived today.
Old Jan 19th 2016, 10:41 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ruri
Any news on your passport application? It took me only 2 weeks to receive my daughter's first british passport. She was born in Malaysia and I applied from Malaysia too. The passport arrived today.
They emailed me on.january 11 asking for additional documents which are my cenomar and both our passport color copy every pages..wegave them our photocopy pf our pasport but we ddnt photocopy every pages (was our fault)..but I just passed my passports for my spouse visa application so my husband called dem telling dat I cant provide yet my passports..so today I just sent my cenomar and dey sed deyl just wait for my my passports..and I will send dem once I have it back....( wife)
Old Jan 19th 2016, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

ruri is an unknown quantity at this point

They emailed me on.january 11 asking for additional documents which are my cenomar and both our passport color copy every pages..wegave them our photocopy pf our pasport but we ddnt photocopy every pages (was our fault)..but I just passed my passports for my spouse visa application so my husband called dem telling dat I cant provide yet my passports..so today I just sent my cenomar and dey sed deyl just wait for my my passports..and I will send dem once I have it back....( wife)
I didn't have to give my passport or a copy of it. Only colour photocopies of my daughter's passport (all pages) and bio data page for my husband and my countersignatory's (since she was a Malaysian) along with other documents. The new passport was dispatched two days after they received our documents.

Good luck with your application though!
Old Jan 19th 2016, 4:12 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Be prepared for a long wait if your children were born in the Philippines, their mother is a Filipina and you, as the father, are the sole British citizen.
Old Jan 19th 2016, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ruri
I didn't have to give my passport or a copy of it. Only colour photocopies of my daughter's passport (all pages) and bio data page for my husband and my countersignatory's (since she was a Malaysian) along with other documents. The new passport was dispatched two days after they received our documents.

Good luck with your application though!
Yes hopefully they
We have to pass our passports during conception of our kids..original or color copy every pages...yes hopefully it wont take dat long..I update you once I pass my passports maybe I can have my passports back after 2 months :-) then dats the time I can sen it to dem
Old Jan 19th 2016, 9:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Be prepared for a long wait if your children were born in the Philippines, their mother is a Filipina and you, as the father, are the sole British citizen.
Hopefully it won't take dat long
Old May 17th 2016, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

haydock67 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hopefully it won't take dat long
Did you eventually get through with your children's passports and if so, how long did it take?
Old May 17th 2016, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by haydock67
Did you eventually get through with your children's passports and if so, how long did it take?
At the moment they still examining it. We call them every week to check the status but up to now still in the examination. February 2nd week when I completed all the documents they need. Because they asked for my old passports which I passed it for applyng my visa so I just gave them my passports 2nd week of FEB maybe that's why it is taking long. I am already here in the uk for 1 month and still the kids are in the Philippines waiting for their passports. I just hope and pray that soon their passport will finish.
Old May 17th 2016, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

At the moment they still examining it. We call them every week to check the status but up to now still in the examination. February 2nd week when I completed all the documents they need. Because they asked for my old passports which I passed it for applyng my visa so I just gave them my passports 2nd week of FEB maybe that's why it is taking long. I am already here in the uk for 1 month and still the kids are in the Philippines waiting for their passports. I just hope and pray that soon their passport will finish.
Oh no, am so sorry to hear that you are still waiting.. I also need to apply for my daughter's passport, but will definitely wait until I get that before I apply for my wife's visa. My daughter lives in Sierra Leone which is also considered a "high risk" country so I will provide as many documents as I can.. Let us know when you are successful and I hope you hear from them soon
Old May 18th 2016, 5:21 am
Just Joined

Oh no, am so sorry to hear that you are still waiting.. I also need to apply for my daughter's passport, but will definitely wait until I get that before I apply for my wife's visa. My daughter lives in Sierra Leone which is also considered a "high risk" country so I will provide as many documents as I can.. Let us know when you are successful and I hope you hear from them soon
Yeah better to wait for their passports to finish then apply your spouse visa for your wife.or else she will be like me need to leave the kids home because the visa expires. Anyways in philippines now just 3 weeks for the spouse visa process so very quick. Yeah I will let you know.
Old May 18th 2016, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

Yeah better to wait for their passports to finish then apply your spouse visa for your wife.or else she will be like me need to leave the kids home because the visa expires. Anyways in philippines now just 3 weeks for the spouse visa process so very quick. Yeah I will let you know.
So your wife's visa came through in 3 weeks? That is indeed a quick process. Did you use the PRIORITY SERVICE?
Old May 18th 2016, 10:21 pm
Just Joined

So your wife's visa came through in 3 weeks? That is indeed a quick process. Did you use the PRIORITY SERVICE?
I am the wife :-) yes my visa is just 3 weeks..no I did not use priority. Even the other people there I talked to. They said only 3 weeks. I dunno but before it took 3 months for spouse visa..but this year just 3 weeks :-)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.