Fingerprints at US embassy for UK and US CRB clearance

Old Nov 2nd 2023, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

pollybegoode is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fingerprints at US embassy for UK and US CRB clearance

Hi there, so my husband and I have recently moved back to the UK from the US. My husband has secured a great job working as a mentor with your children. He has been told he needs to get his fingerprints taken at the US Embassy in London (5 hrs away) for them to be submitted to the FBI to get clearance to work with children.
Has anyone got experience with this?
Is the US embassy the only place to get his fingerprints taken or can he go to a police station in the UK to get them done?
Is anyone aware of the timescale of how long this process can take?
Is this something an individual can initiate as I'm wondering if I should get my fingerprints done as I continue to look for work.

Thanks in advance!
Old Nov 2nd 2023, 4:13 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fingerprints at US embassy for UK and US CRB clearance

Originally Posted by pollybegoode
Hi there, so my husband and I have recently moved back to the UK from the US. My husband has secured a great job working as a mentor with your children. He has been told he needs to get his fingerprints taken at the US Embassy in London (5 hrs away) for them to be submitted to the FBI to get clearance to work with children.
Has anyone got experience with this?
Is the US embassy the only place to get his fingerprints taken or can he go to a police station in the UK to get them done?
Is anyone aware of the timescale of how long this process can take?
Is this something an individual can initiate as I'm wondering if I should get my fingerprints done as I continue to look for work.

Thanks in advance!
Does he have the actual card from the FBI onto which his fingerprints need to be taken?
There are a few private companies that will do fingerprints but I don't know any names. Its also well worth contacting your local Police HQ and ask for their Fingerprint Bureau (I can probably find you contact details if you let me know where in the UK you are) When I worked for Sussex we often did FBI prints, but we didn't have blank forms, the person being printed had to get the form from the FBI and bring it with them.
Old Nov 2nd 2023, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

pollybegoode is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Does he have the actual card from the FBI onto which his fingerprints need to be taken?
There are a few private companies that will do fingerprints but I don't know any names. Its also well worth contacting your local Police HQ and ask for their Fingerprint Bureau (I can probably find you contact details if you let me know where in the UK you are) When I worked for Sussex we often did FBI prints, but we didn't have blank forms, the person being printed had to get the form from the FBI and bring it with them.
Thanks Pollyanna, He doesn't have his card yet, but just found out how to initiate that process today. Once he gets his cards and gets his fingerprints done, do you know if there's a way to expedite the process? Or the timeline? His new job is being very patient, but it isn't the best start to a new position!
Thanks for your help
Old Nov 2nd 2023, 8:44 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pollybegoode
Thanks Pollyanna, He doesn't have his card yet, but just found out how to initiate that process today. Once he gets his cards and gets his fingerprints done, do you know if there's a way to expedite the process? Or the timeline? His new job is being very patient, but it isn't the best start to a new position!
Thanks for your help
Once he gets the card, either go to the Embassy, or drop me a private message and I'll see if I can track down where your local police Fingerprint Bureau is.

I can't help with the timeline I'm afraid, but I am certain there isn't a way of expediting it. He needs to make sure that the new employer understands why the hold-up, and let them know how the process is going. I haven't dealt with fingerprinting for 20 years now, so my timeline info wouldn't be any use I'm afraid!