Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

On fiance visa applying for spouse visa after living in UK before

On fiance visa applying for spouse visa after living in UK before

Old Jan 24th 2020, 9:15 am
Just Joined

everydyingember is an unknown quantity at this point
Default On fiance visa applying for spouse visa after living in UK before

I lived in the UK previously, on a youth mobility visa and then a spouse visa. I got divorced and left back to Canada for nearly a year, but I've just been married to a new partner. I entered on a fiance visa in August, and we got married in January. Now, I'm applying for our spouse visa - but some of the questions leave me a bit unsure. I wonder if they are referring to my current stay or want me to answer questions going all the way back to when I arrived in 2011?

So, if anyone has had a similar situation and can maybe let me know what you've answered, that would be amazing.

Time lived in the UK Do they mean from the start of my fiance visa in 2019, or am I going all the way back to when I first lived in the UK starting in 2011?

Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth? When they want me to specify the dates, I'm going to say I lived in Canada from birth. But, then I need to say when I lived in Canada UNTIL. Is this referring to my first entry into the UK in 2011? Or, should I say I lived in Canada until August 2019, and specify that I had lived here before on a spouse visa with a different spouse?

Could you and your partner could live together outside of the UK? Would him currently being enrolled in a master's programme being paid for by work count as a reason why we could not?

I know it's a lot of questions but I'm hoping maybe some people here have some information that I can piece together!

Thanks in advance!
Old Jan 25th 2020, 12:57 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: On fiance visa applying for spouse visa after living in UK before

1. 2011
2. 2011
3. No