Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Fiancée Visa, where do we send our supporting documents?

Fiancée Visa, where do we send our supporting documents?

Old Mar 11th 2019, 6:39 am
Just Joined

SArnold is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fiancée Visa, where do we send our supporting documents?

Hi everyone, this is my 1st time using this forum so my apologies for breaking any rules or etiquette.
I’m a UK citizen planning to marry my Korean fiancé here in the UK this summer. We have submitted and paid for our application online and she has recently attended her biometrics appointment at the embassy in Seoul. She has sent her original documents to me which I have safely received and combined with my own supporting documents. My question is regarding where exactly we need to send the supporting document pack to next. Is it still to Sheffield or to the immigration centres stated on the VFS site? The closest to me would be in Croydon which it says is effective from 01Mar19. Also, are the vfs barcode separators necessary?

We really appreciate any advise, thank you!

Last edited by SArnold; Mar 11th 2019 at 7:51 am.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 9:03 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fiancée Visa, where do we send our supporting documents?

Where did they tell your fiancée to send her supporting documents when she attended her biometrics appointment?
Old Mar 11th 2019, 10:08 am
Just Joined

SArnold is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Where did they tell your fiancée to send her supporting documents when she attended her biometrics appointment?
We were told either would be fine, I think we will stick with sending to Sheffield. On the VFS site it states from 01Mar19 documents for settlement visas can be submitted for £75 to location in London, 66 Wilson street.

She just had her VAC appointment in Seoul today and said the staff weren’t too willing to give direct advice. We applied through Visa4Uk for a fiancé visa, which has directed us to send to Sheffield.

As the London location is available from 01Mar19 we are curious if anyone has used it and if it could Apply for us. We haven’t paid for any express service.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 11:47 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SArnold
We were told either would be fine, I think we will stick with sending to Sheffield. On the VFS site it states from 01Mar19 documents for settlement visas can be submitted for £75 to location in London, 66 Wilson street.

She just had her VAC appointment in Seoul today and said the staff weren’t too willing to give direct advice. We applied through Visa4Uk for a fiancé visa, which has directed us to send to Sheffield.

As the London location is available from 01Mar19 we are curious if anyone has used it and if it could Apply for us. We haven’t paid for any express service.
I’d be sticking to Sheffield for the time being.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

dav123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for asking this. I had been under the impression that my fiancé (who is in Mexico) would submit all the documents at his biometrics appointment and that I would have to send all the documents from the UK out to him before that.

So we should actually compile all our documents in the UK and I’ll send them to Sheffield? Presumably my fiancé would only submit his passport at his appointment then?
Old Mar 11th 2019, 10:47 pm

Originally Posted by dav123
Thank you for asking this. I had been under the impression that my fiancé (who is in Mexico) would submit all the documents at his biometrics appointment and that I would have to send all the documents from the UK out to him before that.

So we should actually compile all our documents in the UK and I’ll send them to Sheffield? Presumably my fiancé would only submit his passport at his appointment then?
Not all countries will have the same procedure. Check the VFS website for your own country of application.