Fiancé pregnancy in Mexico

Old Jan 28th 2016, 1:28 am
Just Joined

Zicoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fiancé pregnancy in Mexico

Originally Posted by formula
Having a degree does not guarantee a graduate job, unless you get a good degree from a top university. It's a bit late now as you have a child on the way, but you should have perhaps thought about going back to uni to do a degree that is in demand with employers?

You will need to earn £18,600 (not £22,000) to be able to show you can sponsor a wife.

This 18,600 was brought in to make if fairer to the taxpayer who pay the welfare state bill. It was set at this rate to stop the Brit claiming extra benefits for their foreign spouse through the welfare payment called Working Tax Credits.

You can earn this 18,600 to sponsor your wife, by doing more than one job. Minimum wage is soon to be £7.20 per hour but cleaners and car washers earn about £10 an hour. This might not be what you to do but I'm sure you will want to get your pregnant girlfriend to the UK asap.

Even on an 18,600 wage to sponsor your wife, you would still need benefits as that wage would not be enough to keep your child.

Another that will say that SanDiegogirl gave you the facts: there is no point in sugar coating it. She is very good a helping people on this forum with spouse visas and took the time to answer your questions.
Thanks for the reply and information. I did some reasearch and it explained it was 22,000 if supporting a child also which is where I came up with that figure. I acknowledged in a later post of mine that getting a job at the spousal rates required even with a degree is not guaranteed and difficult.

I think that claiming the law is completely fair is a little rich and finding yourself on the end of it is quite very upsetting. I mean I'm not doubting the reason it was introduced or that one law for all is incorrect, but when you have been a tax payer for many years, law abiding citizen and never claimed a benefit from the state as an adult, and due to this rule It's almost impossible now or in the future to bring your fiancé who is pregnant with your child to your home country to start a family. which means I personally can never return due to the fact I won't leave my family alone in a 3rd world country, unless I can meet these quite frankly rediculously difficult demands. Ok laws are one rule for one and that's it, but it's harsh, I apologise if an opinion is not allowed on this forum

I just want to point out I did actually also apologise for my "blunt" comment also. I understand that this is a forum for advice and help, for which I have received and I am truly thankful for, it's correct sugar coating is not going to help me, I just wish to point out I am under a lot of distress and panic at this current time.
Old Jan 28th 2016, 1:40 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zicoo
Thanks for the reply and information. I did some reasearch and it explained it was 22,000 if supporting a child also which is where I came up with that figure. I acknowledged in a later post of mine that getting a job at the spousal rates required even with a degree is not guaranteed and difficult.

I think that claiming the law is completely fair is a little rich and finding yourself on the end of it is quite very upsetting. I mean I'm not doubting the reason it was introduced or that one law for all is incorrect, but when you have been a tax payer for many years, law abiding citizen and never claimed a benefit from the state as an adult, and due to this rule It's almost impossible now or in the future to bring your fiancé who is pregnant with your child to your home country to start a family. which means I personally can never return due to the fact I won't leave my family alone in a 3rd world country, unless I can meet these quite frankly rediculously difficult demands. Ok laws are one rule for one and that's it, but it's harsh, I apologise if an opinion is not allowed on this forum

I just want to point out I did actually also apologise for my "blunt" comment also. I understand that this is a forum for advice and help, for which I have received and I am truly thankful for, it's correct sugar coating is not going to help me, I just wish to point out I am under a lot of distress and panic at this current time.
As you are the father of the child, he/she will automatically be a British Citizen at birth, provided you are a British Citizen other than by descent, so you do not need to sponsor someone who is a citizen. The suggestion tat you move to, say Spain, is that they do not have the same requirements there, and you g/f would be fluent in the language already, in fact she MAY be able to claim Spanish Citizenship, but I'm not up on the Spanish rules.
Moving to Spain would mean, if you got a job there and worked for a good few months she may be able to move to the UK under the Surinder Singh rules, which would mean being able to move without the financial requirements.
Old Jan 28th 2016, 1:42 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the reply and information. I did some reasearch and it explained it was 22,000 if supporting a child .....
Your child will automatically be a British citizen (unless you are British by descent and haven't previously lived in the UK for three years), so has the right to live in the UK, and therefore is not part of the calculation.
Old Jan 28th 2016, 1:49 am
Just Joined

Zicoo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikelincs
As you are the father of the child, he/she will automatically be a British Citizen at birth, provided you are a British Citizen other than by descent, so you do not need to sponsor someone who is a citizen. The suggestion tat you move to, say Spain, is that they do not have the same requirements there, and you g/f would be fluent in the language already, in fact she MAY be able to claim Spanish Citizenship, but I'm not up on the Spanish rules.
Moving to Spain would mean, if you got a job there and worked for a good few months she may be able to move to the UK under the Surinder Singh rules, which would mean being able to move without the financial requirements.
This is some fantastic advice thank you so much, I'm going to research it now
Old Jan 28th 2016, 2:07 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

I just wish to point out I am under a lot of distress and panic at this current time.
What does your fiancée think about all this? Is she willing to leave her country to give birth in a foreign country, with no friends or family but you? What does her Doctor say? The mere idea of flying so far (to Europe) while pregnant reminds me of my miscarriage when I simply hopped over the Channel from Paris (no one those days thought to warn me of the risk). IMO there's probably more risk of your fiancée having a miscarriage or DVT due to such a long flight than being infected by a mosquito if she stays put. As pointed out, you could move to a mosquito-free area of Mexico until the baby is born.
Having re-read your posts, are you in a panic because your travel visa is expiring and you must leave Mexico?
Old Jan 28th 2016, 3:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sorry that you thought my comment blunt, but I don't see any point providing "solutions" when your situation is as it is.

If you currently have little money, while moving to another European country and then entering the UK via the Surinder Singh route is a possibility, it's not viable if finances is your problem.

Moving to another country, setting up accommodation, getting a job and then moving to the UK is much more expensive than staying where you are, getting a decent job and supporting your fiance. In addition, medical services are not guaranteed to be immediately provided in these countries.

If your fiance has family in Mexico (and presumably she does) better she stays with them for support.
Old Jan 28th 2016, 10:49 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

If you're thinking of Spain then as a Mexican citizen your wife can apply for Spanish citizenship after only two years of residence.
Old Jan 28th 2016, 11:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

It is possible to find teaching jobs in Spain if you are a graduate with experience of TEFL. Salaries are not great.