Fiancé pregnancy in Mexico

Old Jan 26th 2016, 4:10 pm
Just Joined

Zicoo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fiancé pregnancy in Mexico

I am a uk citizen in Mexico. My fiancé is pregnant with my baby which was unplanned and she has no health insurance. There is the virus spreading of zica in the Americas and I need to get her to the uk to be safe, have the baby and start our family. I spoke with the embassy who were useless and advised me no possible solutions. We are due to marry in March and the baby is due in September, I am aware of the spouse visa however I am unable to meet the criteria due to having little to no money and no job. I have a degree as does she so we are not an unqualified couple. Please help me, any advice is appreciated, many thanks.

One additional piece of information is that I am actually on a travel visa here in Mexico
Old Jan 26th 2016, 4:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fiancé pregnancy in Mexico

The Embassy is correct - there is no solution for you as far as moving to the UK is concerned.

I suggest you get a job back in the UK and start sending money to Mexico to support your fiance and child.

Luckily, medical services are cheap in Mexico.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 5:12 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
The Embassy is correct - there is no solution for you as far as moving to the UK is concerned.

I suggest you get a job back in the UK and start sending money to Mexico to support your fiance and child.

Luckily, medical services are cheap in Mexico.
Thanks for the response
I'm guessing this or a similar situation has never crossed your path due to the blunt response!

The added threat of the Zica virus is becoming more and more dangerous here also. Essentially I feel trapped and my complete unwillingness to leave my unborn child and fiancé alone here means I will never gain my family entry into the country.

Once graduated I aimed to get myself a job, I searched and I searched, I had to take a call centre job but I continued to search for almost 3 years and nothing, and I'm expected to get a £22,000 a year job fast and in time?

I feel very let down by the laws in place, I see them as too harsh and unfair. We wish not to seek benefits, solely for our child to be born, grow up and live healthily with a good chance in life. These things they happen
Old Jan 27th 2016, 5:30 am
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Zicoo
I feel very let down by the laws in place, I see them as too harsh and unfair. We wish not to seek benefits, solely for our child to be born, grow up and live healthily with a good chance in life. These things they happen
If the above is the OP's only aim, then marry your fiance and move to another EU country (not the UK).

I am sure that you are not the only one who felt let down by the law. You are not the first and you will not be the last. For your child's sake, you need to start the ball rolling.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 5:59 am
Muskoka, Ontario

Tirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond reputeTirytory has a reputation beyond repute

I am a uk citizen in Mexico. My fiancé is pregnant with my baby which was unplanned and she has no health insurance. There is the virus spreading of zica in the Americas and I need to get her to the uk to be safe, have the baby and start our family. I spoke with the embassy who were useless and advised me no possible solutions. We are due to marry in March and the baby is due in September, I am aware of the spouse visa however I am unable to meet the criteria due to having little to no money and no job. I have a degree as does she so we are not an unqualified couple. Please help me, any advice is appreciated, many thanks.

One additional piece of information is that I am actually on a travel visa here in Mexico
I think what you actually need to do is to go to a doctor ASAP and get GOOD medical advice on prevention, scans etc and then follow the medical advice. I appreciate it's a worrying time but it doesn't sound like you can leave Mexico just yet so you need to make sure your fiancé is doing every thing she can to prevent what ever is going on there.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 6:21 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the response
I'm guessing this or a similar situation has never crossed your path due to the blunt response! .....
Blunt but honest. Would you prefer that we string you along with enthusiastic pleasantries?

In case you hadn't noticed, there is commonly considered to be an immigration crisis in the UK and so the government has made it considerably harder to bring non-European family members into the UK. They are not going to make an exception for you, so you need to decide how you can comply with the current requirements for a spouse visa OR make your plans to continue living outside the UK. Those are your choices!
Old Jan 27th 2016, 6:48 am
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

If the OP and his pregnant fiance wish to leave Mexico for Europe, they need to start to get their act together. Please see link below for NHS advice on travelling while pregnant -

Travelling pregnant - Pregnancy and baby guide - NHS Choices
Old Jan 27th 2016, 7:00 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Though it may seem blunt I suspect honest advice from experienced members will be more helpful to your fiancée and child then tea and sympathy.

If you're unemployed, have no savings and no family member willing and able to gift you the money required to meet the financial requirements then there is no chance of your wife being able to come to the UK to give birth on a spouse visa.

Mexican citizens do not require a visa to visit the UK but even if she was able to admitted to the UK whilst pregnant and penniless then she would not be eligible for free care under the NHS as she would be a non-resident and you would be liable for £'000s in medical bills as well as your fiancée then having to return to Mexico shortly after giving birth.

If the baby is not due until September then you still have time to return to the UK, find a job earning £18,600 and have your wife join you shortly after giving birth. Not ideal but that's the situation you find yourself in.

Your other option would be to find work in an EEA member state and your wife could accompany you under EEA freedom of movement regulations. You wouldn't be in the UK but at least she could give birth in a European country. You would need to check your liability for healthcare bills depending on the country you choose however.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 9:14 am
Just Joined

LadyRhubarb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I'm sorry things are so difficult. I don't know where you are in Mexico but maybe relocating for now could be a good idea. I'm in México City and haven't heard about the virus being a threat here. I know tropical areas are affected so if you live by the beach, it would be a good idea to move in the meantime, just to make sure the baby is safe. Make sure your fiancée is always protected against mosquitos.
I'm sorry there isn't an easy way out of this situation.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 4:20 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the advice, maybe I was misunderstood by my "blunt" remark, I purely meant it didn't contain any added advice on other options or help just basically telling me it's impossible, but all reponses are helpful. I'm a realist and with all of these responses I now understand it is truly impossible. I must look for alternatives while I am here.

I understand I am not the first person to be let down by the law, I am just absolutely devastated so I apologise for my attitude.

Last edited by Zicoo; Jan 27th 2016 at 4:42 pm.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

bobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond reputebobbyleo has a reputation beyond repute

Why not try Spain. After a couple years living there, maybe enter the UK using the SS route (if it still exists).

Last edited by bobbyleo; Jan 27th 2016 at 10:03 pm.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 10:30 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyleo
Why not try Spain. After a couple years living there, maybe enter the UK using the SS route (if it still exists).
+1
I was going to suggest posting on the Spain forum to find out what healthcare coverage is available for a single, non EU pregnant lady, if any.
The other problem being, of course, finding employment for yourself.
Ask all this on the Spain forum, mentioning your line of work and whether your Spanish is adequate.
P.S. Be aware that tourists have already brought the virus in question to Europe... As suggested, your gf should get advice from a local Doctor for her own protection, ASAP.
Old Jan 27th 2016, 10:58 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
+1
I was going to suggest posting on the Spain forum to find out what healthcare coverage is available for a single, non EU pregnant lady, if any.
The other problem being, of course, finding employment for yourself.
Ask all this on the Spain forum, mentioning your line of work and whether your Spanish is adequate.
P.S. Be aware that tourists have already brought the virus in question to Europe... As suggested, your gf should get advice from a local Doctor for her own protection, ASAP.
Isn't it true that the virus is only a danger of spreading to new human subjects, if the mosquito is present? In other words, people who have the infection can't pass it to other people?
Old Jan 27th 2016, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234
Isn't it true that the virus is only a danger of spreading to new human subjects, if the mosquito is present? In other words, people who have the infection can't pass it to other people?
Not according to wiki, where a guy in the US passed it to his wife through unprotected sex.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zika_virus#Transmission
Old Jan 27th 2016, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Once graduated I aimed to get myself a job, I searched and I searched, I had to take a call centre job but I continued to search for almost 3 years and nothing,
Having a degree does not guarantee a graduate job, unless you get a good degree from a top university. It's a bit late now as you have a child on the way, but you should have perhaps thought about going back to uni to do a degree that is in demand with employers?

and I'm expected to get a £22,000 a year job fast and in time?
You will need to earn £18,600 (not £22,000) to be able to show you can sponsor a wife.

I feel very let down by the laws in place, I see them as too harsh and unfair.
This 18,600 was brought in to make if fairer to the taxpayer who pay the welfare state bill. It was set at this rate to stop the Brit claiming extra benefits for their foreign spouse through the welfare payment called Working Tax Credits.

You can earn this 18,600 to sponsor your wife, by doing more than one job. Minimum wage is soon to be £7.20 per hour but cleaners and car washers earn about £10 an hour. This might not be what you to do but I'm sure you will want to get your pregnant girlfriend to the UK asap.

We wish not to seek benefits, solely for our child to be born, grow up and live healthily with a good chance in life.

Even on an 18,600 wage to sponsor your wife, you would still need benefits as that wage would not be enough to keep your child.

Thanks for the response
I'm guessing this or a similar situation has never crossed your path due to the blunt response!
Another that will say that SanDiegogirl gave you the facts: there is no point in sugar coating it. She is very good a helping people on this forum with spouse visas and took the time to answer your questions.

Last edited by formula; Jan 28th 2016 at 12:17 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.