Employing my wife prior to applying ??

Old Jun 27th 2016, 10:33 am
Just Joined

mirecart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Employing my wife prior to applying ??

Hi All,

My wife and I have been married for over 12 years, we originally lived in the UK for a couple of years before heading back to oz, in 2008.

Since then, we have built a company and while i'm the sole director, my wife has now been an employee for the past 3 months. Given my wife has to show her pay slip for 6 months, does it have to be from a company which is not run by the person she is sponsoring, we would hate to have to waste another 6 months with her working for yet another company.

Any thoughts ??
Old Jun 27th 2016, 11:56 am
Forum Regular

inggris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Employing my wife prior to applying ??

Originally Posted by mirecart
Hi All,

My wife and I have been married for over 12 years, we originally lived in the UK for a couple of years before heading back to oz, in 2008.

Since then, we have built a company and while i'm the sole director, my wife has now been an employee for the past 3 months. Given my wife has to show her pay slip for 6 months, does it have to be from a company which is not run by the person she is sponsoring, we would hate to have to waste another 6 months with her working for yet another company.

Any thoughts ??

What was your previous immigration status in the UK?
Old Jun 27th 2016, 12:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by inggris
What was your previous immigration status in the UK?
Hi Inggris,

Previously, I was on a indefinite leave to remain, but I've been out of the country since 2008 so long its expired. :-(
Old Jun 27th 2016, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Inggris,

Previously, I was on a indefinite leave to remain, but I've been out of the country since 2008 so long its expired. :-(
You can try and apply for a Returning Resident visa -

https://www.gov.uk/returning-resident-visa
Old Jun 27th 2016, 4:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Any thoughts ??
How are you intending to qualify under the financial requirements?

Have you read the following document? It provides all the details as to how your wife can qualify if she is going to sponsor you.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...equirement.pdf

Your wife's income in Oz, is only relevant if she also has a job in the UK starting within three months of return and that has an income of 18,600 GBP.

You could try the returning resident route but unless you have strong ties to the UK having been away for 8 years it's going to be a long shot.
Old Jun 29th 2016, 9:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
How are you intending to qualify under the financial requirements?

Have you read the following document? It provides all the details as to how your wife can qualify if she is going to sponsor you.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...equirement.pdf

Your wife's income in Oz, is only relevant if she also has a job in the UK starting within three months of return and that has an income of 18,600 GBP.

You could try the returning resident route but unless you have strong ties to the UK having been away for 8 years it's going to be a long shot.

Thanks for the replies.
Yes, we have read the requirements for the UK spouse visa. She is very fortunate to have a job offer from her former employer in the UK, which will be paying her in excess of the minimum amount. So the UK side of meeting the financial requirement won't be a problem.
The stumbling block is her employment in Australia. She is employed by me, and i am also the applicant. She has pay slips and bank statements from her own personal bank account verifying this (she isn't a director or an owner of the business). What we are curious about is how being employed by me will be viewed? Is this a no no, or has a precedent been set by any successful applicants? We've done lots of research but can't seem to find any concrete answers. Cheers
Old Jun 29th 2016, 9:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

So she has a job in the UK to go to and you would like to employ her so that she can show she has earned 18,600 GBP in the previous months prior to the application.

Personally, I don't see that her working for you would be a problem - as long as it is a genuine job showing payslips, bank statements, contract, letter of employment etc.
Old Sep 8th 2016, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

bazzakorea is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you have any news on this?

I'm in exactly the same situation at present. My wife is CEO and I've been an unpaid employee.