EEA2 residence card, please help to complete.

Old Jan 30th 2014, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Len4ik is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EEA2 residence card, please help to complete.

Originally Posted by Len4ik
Thank you for help.
Excuse me again, Im still about my problem.

Someone told me if I will be given an EEA2, then I can't receive benefits anymore?

Also, I am thinking which additional documents would be better to enclose? I'v got my husband's bank transactions, will it be useful? It's our shared account(as proof of financial activity), child benefits, child tax credit, my nhs documents?

What better to show to get resident card for sure? Which docs?

Looking for you advise) thank you!
Old Jan 31st 2014, 9:22 pm
Just Joined

Len4ik is an unknown quantity at this point

Excuse me again, Im still about my problem.

Someone told me if I will be given an EEA2, then I can't receive benefits anymore?

Also, I am thinking which additional documents would be better to enclose? I'v got my husband's bank transactions, will it be useful? It's our shared account(as proof of financial activity), child benefits, child tax credit, my nhs documents?

What better to show to get resident card for sure? Which docs?

Looking for you advise) thank you
Old Apr 13th 2014, 6:34 pm
Just Joined

GJ25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default EEA2 residence card

Greetings and hello to members of this forum.

I'm new to this forum. I have a query about EEA2 (residence card application). My husband belongs to EEA category and is in UK. My children and I recently applied for Family Permits and we got it. Its validity is six months. We will be travelling to UK next month after which we'd like apply for our residence card which has a validity of 5 years.

I heard that the Residence Card processing takes 3 to 4 months or longer. I work in the Middle East and I won't get leave from office for that long a time. I plan to apply as soon as I get to UK and then ask for my passport to be returned after a few days so that I can travel back and get to work, and thereafter when I get called for my passport I can fly back to return it. This however, I have to do within the timeframe of six months before my family permit expires.

My queries are:
1) Is there a way to shorten the processing time of the Residence Card?
2) Is it possible to apply through any of the premium service centers in UK which uses the Biometric method?

I heard it is possible for foreign nationals to apply at such premium service centers for Biometric Residence Permit (BPR) which has a less processing time but what about those EEA family members who fall under the non-EEA category and apply for Residence card? Can they use the same route for application i.e. through premium service center and get the Residence card sooner?

Apologies for this long post. I'd be very grateful for your feedback.
Old Apr 13th 2014, 6:38 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GJ25
Greetings and hello to members of this forum.

I'm new to this forum. I have a query about EEA2 (residence card application). My husband belongs to EEA category and is in UK. My children and I recently applied for Family Permits and we got it. Its validity is six months. We will be travelling to UK next month after which we'd like apply for our residence card which has a validity of 5 years.

I heard that the Residence Card processing takes 3 to 4 months or longer. I work in the Middle East and I won't get leave from office for that long a time. I plan to apply as soon as I get to UK and then ask for my passport to be returned after a few days so that I can travel back and get to work, and thereafter when I get called for my passport I can fly back to return it. This however, I have to do within the timeframe of six months before my family permit expires.

My queries are:
1) Is there a way to shorten the processing time of the Residence Card?
2) Is it possible to apply through any of the premium service centers in UK which uses the Biometric method?

I heard it is possible for foreign nationals to apply at such premium service centers for Biometric Residence Permit (BPR) which has a less processing time but what about those EEA family members who fall under the non-EEA category and apply for Residence card? Can they use the same route for application i.e. through premium service center and get the Residence card sooner?

Apologies for this long post. I'd be very grateful for your feedback.
You can't apply for an EEA Residence Card in person, only by post, which, as you say, takes around 3-4 months. You can however request your passport back after you have lodged your application if you need it to travel. This won't affect your application.

Do you reside in the UK or the Middle East or merely travel frequently to the Middle East?
Old Apr 14th 2014, 7:49 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You can't apply for an EEA Residence Card in person, only by post, which, as you say, takes around 3-4 months. You can however request your passport back after you have lodged your application if you need it to travel. This won't affect your application.

Do you reside in the UK or the Middle East or merely travel frequently to the Middle East?
Thanks for your response. I truly appreciate it

I currently reside in Kuwait. I will take my annual leave (one month) and visit UK. I would like to apply during my stay as my family and I plan to relocate to UK soon. My family permit is valid for 6 months. So I have to get this done during that period. After applying I will request for my passport back and then visit UK again after 4 months or so, when they call for my passport.

Apart from the normal procedure, can I apply for Biometric processing of my application at any one of the Premium Service centres which takes less processing time as compared to the by postal method?

Is biometric residence permit (BRP) the same as residence card (EEA2)?

Thanks again.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 9:59 am
Forum Regular

AngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really nice

You can only apply for EEA2 if you reside in the UK.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 11:10 am
Just Joined

AngelaV, thanks for your response.

You mean, I can't apply once I arrive UK and during the period of my one month's stay or so? I'm currently holding an EEA family permit valid for 6 months. I was planning to apply during my stay and travel for a couple of months to wind up things outside UK and then return to resubmit my passport. After my Residence Card is ready I intend living in UK with my husband and kids.

Thanks & kind regards.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

chaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nicechaoclive is just really nice

You don't need to resubmit your passport. They will put the residence card on an A4 piece of paper and post it out.

The purpose of the EEA2/residence card is to enable you to live in the UK. I'm not sure how they would look at things if you were outside the country for a long time.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 4:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by chaoclive
You don't need to resubmit your passport. They will put the residence card on an A4 piece of paper and post it out.

The purpose of the EEA2/residence card is to enable you to live in the UK. I'm not sure how they would look at things if you were outside the country for a long time.
Thanks so much for your response, chaoclive. I'm so happy I don't have to resubmit my passport! I plan to submit my EEA2 application next month or in June and stay in UK for a month thereafter, then leave for a couple of months to finish off things in the middle east, and return soon after to settle in UK for good. I guess since I don't have to resubmit my passport, my husband will be able to tell me if my card has arrived by post while I'm out of UK, right?

Thanks so much Truly appreciate your help.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

AngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really niceAngelaV is just really nice

Hi GJ25, sorry, I didn't realize I had actually posted this last night as I hadn't finished.

What I was going to say is that possibly, it might be better for you to apply for residency once you are settled in the UK. With your family permit, you have 6 months.

I am not sure how the UKBA will look upon a person applying for RC whilst living and working in another country. It could work against you.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 8:16 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AngelaV
Hi GJ25, sorry, I didn't realize I had actually posted this last night as I hadn't finished.

What I was going to say is that possibly, it might be better for you to apply for residency once you are settled in the UK. With your family permit, you have 6 months.

I am not sure how the UKBA will look upon a person applying for RC whilst living and working in another country. It could work against you.
I concur. Little point applying for a residence card until you're resident. Just ensure your EEA Family Permit is 'To Join' and that'll give you six months to get everything in order.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 6:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by AngelaV

Hello AngelaV, yes, you have a point there. Perhaps I should reconsider. I think it would be wiser to stay back an extra month or so to wind up things in Kuwait and then come to UK and apply once I am actually residing there. I have six months EEA Family permit which expires on 06 Oct.

So coming in July or early August would be okay. I hope I will be allowed to work until my Residence Card is under process.

Another important question: I have two children who will be arriving to UK with me. They too have six months EEA family permit. We will be putting in our applications together. There are currently schooling in Kuwait. I was wondering if I can get them enrolled in school for the academic year which starts in September while our applications are in process.

Thanks again. Truly grateful for your help.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 6:35 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
I concur. Little point applying for a residence card until you're resident. Just ensure your EEA Family Permit is 'To Join' and that'll give you six months to get everything in order.
Thanks, BritInParis. Truly appreciate your feedback.

Our family permits have "to accompany" since we will be travelling together. Here's how: My husband will be moving to UK ahead of us this month and then coming back after two months for a week or so and then travel together with me and our kids to UK.

I was earlier not planning to resign and go, as I have a very good job but since AngelaV says that not being a resident and applying for RC could be a little risky, so I'm reconsidering going with my husband for good.

Now since our EEA family permits have "to accompany" on the sticker will this pose as problem while applying once we get there and start to reside. Does this also mean, every time I travel to UK, my husband will have to accompany me?

Thanks so very much for your help.

Cheers!
Old Apr 15th 2014, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

When we came back, we couldn't register the kids until we had moved into the house in the catchment area but they were able to be enrolled within a day or 2 as soon as I was able to provide proof of residence.

With a family permit, you can start working right away. Just remember to scan a copy of your family permit before you send your passport with the EEA2 application.
Old Apr 15th 2014, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

Once you have residency, if you travel in the EU you should apply for a Schengan visa which is free of charge. Outwith EU is subject to each countries rules. Upon return to the UK, it is best to carry your marriage certificate with you. Sometimes, immigration will call your spouse to confirm he/she is residing in UK. You can travel alone though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.