EEA family permit consent

Old Jan 6th 2013, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

Beccarose is a jewel in the roughBeccarose is a jewel in the roughBeccarose is a jewel in the roughBeccarose is a jewel in the rough
Default EEA family permit consent

I have a question and am hoping someone might know the answer.

My husband is an EU national, I, and my oldest daughter (who is not my husband's biological child, she is from a prior marriage), are US citizens. We are moving to England under the EEA family permit. I know I need to have some sort of letter from my daughter's biological father stating I have permission to move her to England. But I don't know what that letter should state exactly.

Here's what I have, would this be sufficient?

(I know it needs to be notarized, so there will be spaces for those signatures.)

Letter of consent for minor to move abroad.

I, (father), do hereby give my permission for my daughter, (daughter), to move with her mother, (mother), and step-father, (name), to The United Kingdom.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 3:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

holly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EEA family permit consent

Originally Posted by Beccarose
My husband is an EU national, I, and my oldest daughter (who is not my husband's biological child, she is from a prior marriage), are US citizens. We are moving to England under the EEA family permit.
I strongly suspect the wording is unimportant as long as the intent is clear.

If you want to be extra safe you could add the usual American wording at the end "I swear under penalty of perjury that the above is true."

Also, if you are using the EAA family permit method then wouldn't "Europe" be preferably to "England" in the wording?
Old Jan 6th 2013, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

Beccarose is a jewel in the roughBeccarose is a jewel in the roughBeccarose is a jewel in the roughBeccarose is a jewel in the rough

Also, if you are using the EAA family permit method then wouldn't "Europe" be preferably to "England" in the wording?
I was wondering that too but then I was thinking maybe it needed to be more specific to the UK or even England since that is where our intent to live is and where we will be sending our application to.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by holly_1948
The UK is the country the OP is moving to, so that should be mentioned ("Europe" is vague anyway, as it's a whole continent, not just the EEA or even EU).

Checking with a OISC registered migration solicitor could be useful, or at the least post on a forum that have some posting on it (e.g. UKResident) as it's quite a specific immigration question/situation.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

holly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond reputeholly_1948 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roaringmouse
... ("Europe" is vague anyway, as it's a whole continent, not just the EEA or even EU). ...
One reason why is it preferable, especially in the long term.
Even the continued existence of the UK (in its present form) is uncertain as HMG indulges in brinkmanship regarding Britain's EU membership.

... Checking with a OISC registered migration solicitor could be useful ...
Consulting an immigration lawyer is always valuable (as contrasted with engaging an immigration attorney to represent you).
Old Jan 6th 2013, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by holly_1948
Even the continued existence of the UK (in its present form) is uncertain as HMG indulges in brinkmanship regarding Britain's EU membership.
Each country goes about the EEA rules in their own way (the process differs), so an EEA permit from the UK won't be good in any other EEA country.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

Even if we moved from the UK to another EU country we would still need to obtain a new permit for that country. That, paired with the date on the letter would mean I would need to just get a new letter anyway. But since she is 16, hopefully this will be the last letter we will need from the bio-father.

I think if I can be as specific on the letter as possible (i.e. saying England vs Europe, EU or even the UK) the better it would be. I was really just wondering if I need to add something or another... I don't want it to be too long (e.g. a chore to read) but I also maybe need to let them know why she is living with us...
Old Jan 6th 2013, 10:35 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beccarose
Even if we moved from the UK to another EU country we would still need to obtain a new permit for that country. That, paired with the date on the letter would mean I would need to just get a new letter anyway. But since she is 16, hopefully this will be the last letter we will need from the bio-father.

I think if I can be as specific on the letter as possible (i.e. saying England vs Europe, EU or even the UK) the better it would be. I was really just wondering if I need to add something or another... I don't want it to be too long (e.g. a chore to read) but I also maybe need to let them know why she is living with us...
Say United Kingdom or Great Britain not England, what if you end up living in Scotland Wales or Northern Ireland.
Old Jan 6th 2013, 11:41 pm
Forum Regular

Say United Kingdom or Great Britain not England, what if you end up living in Scotland Wales or Northern Ireland.
That's true, thank you.