Dual citizenship by descent after adoption

Old Apr 6th 2021, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

Sheri.lu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Dual citizenship by descent after adoption

Hello,

I received this message and replied over 2 weeks ago. Do you know what they mean by 10 days notice? Or how long I should expect to hear from them on an appointment? Thank you again Sheri
Old Apr 6th 2021, 5:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to have an appointment on the 29 April, let them know by 18 April (that's 10 day's notice)
Old Apr 6th 2021, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for that detail of what it means. I said anytime on Monday or Tuesdays so maybe that wasn’t enough information for them. I will send them a more detailed message again. Thank you again
Old May 12th 2021, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

I just got my biometrics scheduled 2 months after I sent the email for scheduling. I wanted to share that if it helps anyone to know what the time frame is during Covid.
Old Sep 7th 2021, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

Does anyone know how to request documents back when applied outside of the UK? I need my American passport back. I emailed [email protected] and they replied with a link to file online. When I go there it says to email that same email address since I filed outside of UK. Any help on this is greatly appreciated
Sheri
Old Oct 6th 2021, 5:19 am
Just Joined

I am happy to share I was approved for British citizenship. Took almost 8 months but got approved and now just waiting for the ceremony. Thank you for your help on that!

to get my passport back I filled out the form for those who applied within the Uk. I had to put my friends address from Edinburgh on the form to get it to go through to them. I had written in the notes to send it to me here in America and they replied within a couple days saying they can send it to me here.
Old Oct 6th 2021, 9:17 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Come back and let us know once you’ve had your ceremony.
Old Jul 18th 2022, 2:39 pm
Just Joined

Sorry I forgot to fill you in on the final bit. I had my ceremony on February 2nd, 2022 virtually due to the pandemic. I then received my passport around the end of April. Woohoo 🇬🇧
Now I’m moving to Edinburgh October 12th to be with my partner 😊

thank you for all your help! Xx
Old Jul 19th 2022, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

jmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
Old Jul 20th 2022, 4:59 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sheri.lu
Sorry I forgot to fill you in on the final bit. I had my ceremony on February 2nd, 2022 virtually due to the pandemic. I then received my passport around the end of April. Woohoo 🇬🇧
Now I’m moving to Edinburgh October 12th to be with my partner 😊

thank you for all your help! Xx
Welcome to the club!