Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Sep 18th 2014, 6:30 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by Paul M B
I'm not sure I've seen the answer to this anywhere but can you apply for your child's passport while in the uk rather than the country he was born in?
Yes.

https://www.gov.uk/passport-applicat...le-visiting-uk

A consular birth certificate would be helpful with this process if it's available to you.
Old Sep 25th 2014, 9:52 am
Just Joined

jameshunterjones is an unknown quantity at this point

Finally, after slightly less than 5 months of waiting for our daughter's passport in Moscow my wife has received an email which invites her for an interview. Can anyone say what we should expect during this?
Old Sep 25th 2014, 2:47 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jameshunterjones
Finally, after slightly less than 5 months of waiting for our daughter's passport in Moscow my wife has received an email which invites her for an interview. Can anyone say what we should expect during this?
Just proof really.... all they want is to make sure this is a 'legit' case, that's all.

don't worry.
Old Sep 26th 2014, 12:44 pm
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Any news from 'Kenya' Member? we've heard nothing from him at all....

Sure hope everything is ok!
Old Sep 26th 2014, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

So does anyone know how long the wait may be after an interview?
Old Sep 26th 2014, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond repute

HI All,
I just wanted to let you know it turned out the passport office had been trying to contact my countersignature via his old employer (he recently got made redundant). I have just resent with a new countersignature.
Old Sep 29th 2014, 1:42 pm
Just Joined

In case anyone is interested, we have been told that the passport will be issued 2-3 weeks after interview, then it will be dispatched for collection in Russia.
Old Sep 29th 2014, 4:17 pm
Looking Around~

In case anyone is interested, we have been told that the passport will be issued 2-3 weeks after interview, then it will be dispatched for collection in Russia.
Congratz!
Old Sep 30th 2014, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

green121 is an unknown quantity at this point

same here,after 6 months of waiting i attended interview 3 and half weeks ago , they said it should take 3: 4 weeks after interview.
today i contacted HMPO and they said the application still overseas for SECURITY check.
what kind of security checks takes that long?????????? :sneaky
Old Oct 1st 2014, 8:31 am
Just Joined

Where are you applying from Green121?
Old Oct 1st 2014, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

green121 is an unknown quantity at this point

Where are you applying from Green121?
from Egypt
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 12:28 pm
Just Joined

One thing you could do is email the guy who contacted you about the interview - its pretty lame that after a long wait and an interview they still managed to cock up the length of time before the passport was issued.
Old Oct 6th 2014, 11:56 am
Just Joined

britpassport1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

What sort of things do they ask at the interview ? I've got a letter to book an appt for an interview. Do both the parents need to attend ? Any documents to take along ?

Thanks
Old Oct 6th 2014, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

They only needed to interview one person - my wife did it and they they asked her a lot of questions about her, our daughter (where/when she was born), about our "witness" and what she did, where she was from.

Basically - its questions that you probably know the answer to. Nothing challenging and they aren't looking to catch you out. Hopefully you haven't been waiting too long at this point...
Old Oct 6th 2014, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

britpassport1 is an unknown quantity at this point

They only needed to interview one person - my wife did it and they they asked her a lot of questions about her, our daughter (where/when she was born), about our "witness" and what she did, where she was from.

Basically - its questions that you probably know the answer to. Nothing challenging and they aren't looking to catch you out. Hopefully you haven't been waiting too long at this point...
Thanks for that. My situation is slightly different. I managed to get ETD for my child and now my family are with me in the UK. They've requested an interview in the UK passport office. On the upside - we don't have to reapply for the passport ! It seems they are happy to consider the application process in progress even with ETD in place

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.