Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Oct 8th 2014, 9:35 am
Just Joined

jameshunterjones is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Finally, passport has been issued. We were told this morning that the passport has been in Moscow for a week awaiting collection (classic HMPO sloppiness).

My MP was instrumental in getting the application sped up to a mere 5 months. I would suggest that anyone applying for a first passport abroad to get in touch with their MP and ask them to make a formal written enquiry to the Home Office.

At this point I am tempted to pursue the Passport Office to enquire why it took so long but I know I will never get a straight answer or apology, rather I will be told that it was due to security checks or that it was because they had to request additional documents.
Old Oct 8th 2014, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

elizdave is an unknown quantity at this point

Me and my husband are still waiting for my daughter first child passport, we applied last june and recieved an email last August asking for additional information and now its been 18weeks and still waiting...
Old Oct 8th 2014, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

green121 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jameshunterjones
Finally, passport has been issued. We were told this morning that the passport has been in Moscow for a week awaiting collection (classic HMPO sloppiness).

My MP was instrumental in getting the application sped up to a mere 5 months. I would suggest that anyone applying for a first passport abroad to get in touch with their MP and ask them to make a formal written enquiry to the Home Office.

At this point I am tempted to pursue the Passport Office to enquire why it took so long but I know I will never get a straight answer or apology, rather I will be told that it was due to security checks or that it was because they had to request additional documents.
CONGRATS ,i did contact my MP and he emailed them hopefully they are not going to tell him it still in security checks........how was it with your MP???
Old Oct 8th 2014, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

Well, she quickly assigned it to one of her helpers who said that she was calling the MP's hotline every day but with no progress other than it could take 9 months in total! After this they wrote a formal letter to the Home Office. After the standard one month reply time they got back and said something about security checks blah blah but that I should be called in for an interview. And I was called in for an interview.
Old Oct 8th 2014, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

Congrats! Finally after for a long waited..
just want to ask do they ask you to send additional information/ documents before they interviewed you?
Old Oct 8th 2014, 1:49 pm
Just Joined

What country are you applying from? Applying form Russia seems to be on of the worst places.

When we interviewed there was nothing else required but they had already requested additional documents (documents that either they hadn't requested at outset or which they had lost!).

The interview was fairly pedestrian just weeds out bogus applicants. Questions about my wife, did she have children from other partners, where was she born, where/when was our daughter born. There were also a lot of questions about our witness, where she lived, how we knew her etc
Old Oct 8th 2014, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

What country are you apis britisglying from? Applying form Russia seems to be on of the worst places.

When we interviewed there was nothing else required but they had already requested additional documents (documents that either they hadn't requested at outset or which they had lost!).

The interview was. airly pedestrian just weeds out bogus applicants. Questions about my wife, did she have children from other partners, where was she born, where/when was our daughter born. There were also a lot of questions about our witness, where she lived, how we knew her etc
Applying from philippines, I am filipina and my husband Is british and my daugther was born here in philippines, before we applied for her british passport it only said on there website that i will only takes 3-6weeks but after i send all the documents and checked the site again its already changed to atlease 16weeks. My husband is in UK now and fed up phoning them for saying same things..anyway thanks for your information..God bless and good luck
Old Oct 8th 2014, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

Good luck to you too.
Old Oct 9th 2014, 6:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DLondon Prn
The board is getting quite….no more updates??

I Just spoke with Liverpool Office and they told me you have to wait that all info they can give. I have applied on 19th of April 2014. Received letter from HMPO for additional information on 3rd of July 2014, replied back with all info on 7th July 2014 and still nothing, when i asked then approx how long longer should i wait, she replied i can not say anything apart from we are extremely busy, you will be contacted by us if there is any thing to share with you, you are on security check process ( i have been told this for passed 3 months)
I don't know what to do? Any suggestion/advice? My daughter has been stocked in Kosovo ??
Hi I just read this, we have in the same situation, been waiting for 18weeks already and still in security check...so any luck to your daugther's passport?
Old Oct 9th 2014, 7:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DLondon Prn
The board is getting quite….no more updates??

I Just spoke with Liverpool Office and they told me you have to wait that all info they can give. I have applied on 19th of April 2014. Received letter from HMPO for additional information on 3rd of July 2014, replied back with all info on 7th July 2014 and still nothing, when i asked then approx how long longer should i wait, she replied i can not say anything apart from we are extremely busy, you will be contacted by us if there is any thing to share with you, you are on security check process ( i have been told this for passed 3 months)
I don't know what to do? Any suggestion/advice? My daughter has been stocked in Kosovo ??
Hi I just read this, we have in the same situation, been waiting for 18weeks already and still in security check...so any luck to your daugther's passport?
Old Oct 15th 2014, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

Muheza is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi..
Well I applied early feb this year from kenya.. countersignatory details followed in may, interview done in june and still waiting! Its been 8 months and for the past 3 months am getting the same reply "the application is with the overseas colleagues"
... wondering if kenya got his/her baby's pp. He/she had applied in december last year! Pls update us kenya
Old Oct 15th 2014, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

green121 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Muheza
Hi..
Well I applied early feb this year from kenya.. countersignatory details followed in may, interview done in june and still waiting! Its been 8 months and for the past 3 months am getting the same reply "the application is with the overseas colleagues"
... wondering if kenya got his/her baby's pp. He/she had applied in december last year! Pls update us kenya
WHATTTT , four months after interview:thumbdo wn: total of 8 months and still waiting.........the rest of EU countries give passport in a week time. SHAME
Old Oct 16th 2014, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Muheza
Hi..
Omg 8months! there are to much my husband fed up phoning them saying same reason, did they ask u for additional information beforenthe interview? We're in 19weeks of waiting already been.asked to send addtional information and still in security check
Old Oct 16th 2014, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

Muheza is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by elizdave
Omg 8months! there are to much my husband fed up phoning them saying same reason, did they ask u for additional information beforenthe interview? We're in 19weeks of waiting already been.asked to send addtional information and still in security check
No, they didnt ask for any extra docs as I had made sure I sent everything!
Old Oct 16th 2014, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond repute

It arrived!

We applied on 26th June. I knew there was a delay because they couldn't reach my countersignature (he got laid off and they were contacting him at his old work address). I provided a new countersignature and they never bothered getting in touch.

Phew, glad that is over with. But, bun number 2 is now in the oven so here we go again once he/she is here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.