Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old Aug 5th 2014, 6:33 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by KPD
I wish they'd say that before I applied.

It would've been cheaper and faster to get ETD and apply from within the UK.

We had to postpone twice and eventually cancel our holidays.

I am transferred back to the UK in Sep and my wife is effectively stuck in Russia with children.

Of course, we could apply for ETD now but all the documents are with HMPO. And they have not replied to even one of my calls.

Taxes well spend!
If your England now... get your ass down to the HMPO and kick up a fuss,

Remember... (out of sight out of mind) - Let them know YOU ARE AROUND.
Old Aug 5th 2014, 7:38 am
KPD
Just Joined

KPD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vexcore
If your England now... get your ass down to the HMPO and kick up a fuss,

Remember... (out of sight out of mind) - Let them know YOU ARE AROUND.
I've tried.

By appointment only and they only arrange and appointment if you are making an urgent application.
Old Aug 5th 2014, 6:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute

I've just sent mine off for my son today! (from the UK)
Check and send from the post office.
The lady told me there was a big delay.

His other passport inside, his British embassy certificate, local birth certificate and translated, countersignator etc.

Fingers crossed it doesn't take more than a month.
Old Aug 5th 2014, 6:49 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alfista1
I've just sent mine off for my son today! (from the UK)
Check and send from the post office.
The lady told me there was a big delay.

His other passport inside, his British embassy certificate, local birth certificate and translated, countersignator etc.

Fingers crossed it doesn't take more than a month.
Fast Track would've cost more but it would've taken less than a week. Check and Send for a first timer is likely to take six weeks.
Old Aug 5th 2014, 8:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond reputealfista1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Fast Track would've cost more but it would've taken less than a week. Check and Send for a first timer is likely to take six weeks.
That's ok. No rush yet. Don't need it until Oct 24th.

How much would the fast track have been just out of interest?
Old Aug 5th 2014, 9:04 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by alfista1
That's ok. No rush yet. Don't need it until Oct 24th.

How much would the fast track have been just out of interest?
£87 for a child.
Old Aug 5th 2014, 9:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

£87 for a child.
ah ok thanks.
think I paid around 57 quid in total. check and send + 3 quid extra for other passport to be returned by registered mail.
Old Aug 7th 2014, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

jameshunterjones is an unknown quantity at this point

KPD - I'm in a similar situation to you. We applied for our daughter's first passport in Moscow at the end of April. We still haven't received any information other than being told that security checks are ongoing.

I contacted my MP (Stella Creasy - Waltham Forest) who is petitioning the passport office but was told that it could take up to another 6 months. I have not lived with my daughter since she was born in October and this is obviously very difficult.

The MP has said that they will launch a complaint. They are positive that this will not be ignored but I am sceptical after all this time.

I would continue to petition your MP.

James
Old Aug 7th 2014, 3:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

James, have you considered getting an ETD to allow your daughter to travel back to the UK?
Old Aug 7th 2014, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

Hi Gozit,

I have been told that there is no emergency therefore we are not eligible.

What makes this harder is that my wife needs to apply for the spouses visa but we have waited until the passport was issued because we were warned that it could take a long time so we have another 2 months to wait afterwards.
Old Aug 7th 2014, 4:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jameshunterjones
Hi Gozit,

I have been told that there is no emergency therefore we are not eligible.

What makes this harder is that my wife needs to apply for the spouses visa but we have waited until the passport was issued because we were warned that it could take a long time so we have another 2 months to wait afterwards.
That is incorrect. The Home Office authorised issuance of ETDs to all passport applicants abroad who have not received their standard passport in a timely manner. Mind you, if you asked towards the beginning of your application, the answer would have been no as there was no "problem" then.
Old Aug 7th 2014, 6:21 pm

First Timers cannot normally be issued ETDs. Those rules were relaxed following the recent backlog fiasco but if it's security checks they are worried about then the answer is still probably no.

Thought: If your child is a Russian citizen through her mother then why not try getting her a Russian passport and a UK visitor visa?
Old Aug 7th 2014, 6:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

First Timers cannot normally be issued ETDs. Those rules were relaxed following the recent backlog fiasco but if it's security checks they are worried about then the answer is still probably no.

Thought: If your child is a Russian citizen through her mother then why not try getting her a Russian passport and a UK visitor visa?
This, and if you want her to stay in UK do as a few others have done and show UK consular birth cert if you have it as well as your UK passport and birth cert at immigration, say the child is a British citizen and intends to stay in the UK.
Old Aug 7th 2014, 7:45 pm
Just Joined

If any of those options didn't work and my wife and daughter had to return to Russia it would be devastating for us all
Old Aug 7th 2014, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by jameshunterjones
If any of those options didn't work and my wife and daughter had to return to Russia it would be devastating for us all
What passport does your wife hold? Is the plan for all three of you to live in the UK?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.