Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old May 19th 2014, 3:35 am
Just Joined

Boredofwaiting is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Muheza,

I strongly recommend that you submit a direct communication about this to your MP in the UK via the means described further up this thread - they have a direct line that they can use to raise these matters as urgent. After thirteen weeks I would suggest that you have a legitimate case to put forwards.
Old May 19th 2014, 3:38 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly.... why in gods name has he been waiting for 13 weeks? i remember when he signed up and said 11 weeks..

Security checks? maybe... but 'define' security checks....

Backlog? its possible... but still 13 weeks... to print of a red/ruby book?

I'm now at 6 weeks... soon to be 8 weeks...
Old May 19th 2014, 10:02 am
Just Joined

saman is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys I applied for my sons passport nine weeks ago , on gov website says least 6 weeks
Application received 17th of March , last week I get this email from Durham (Thank you for your recent contact. I can confirm your child's passport application is on an examination team undergoing standard checks. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any further enquiries)
Old May 19th 2014, 11:55 am
Looking Around~

Vexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond reputeVexcore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by saman
Hi guys I applied for my sons passport nine weeks ago , on gov website says least 6 weeks
Application received 17th of March , last week I get this email from Durham (Thank you for your recent contact. I can confirm your child's passport application is on an examination team undergoing standard checks. Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any further enquiries)
And another one.... 9 weeks dude? jesus christ...

But look they took your payment and you got an email you HAVE HEARD something... (i've heard nothing from them) except one email that said 'we'll look into it'

jesus christ i need to fly by august.
Old May 19th 2014, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vexcore
And another one.... 9 weeks dude? jesus christ...

But look they took your payment and you got an email you HAVE HEARD something... (i've heard nothing from them) except one email that said 'we'll look into it'

jesus christ i need to fly by august.
Me, too!

Around twelve weeks to renew a passport is ludicrous!
Old May 19th 2014, 12:26 pm
Looking Around~

Originally Posted by windsong
Me, too!

Around twelve weeks to renew a passport is ludicrous!
Holy shit 12 weeks for a renew ? but.... but.... IT SHOULDN'T BE THAT LONG as your old passport is proof...

Disgusting Service. (once i get my sons passport) - If i do.... i will fly back straight away then do a massive complaint.

(gotta vent my anger somewhere right?)
Old May 19th 2014, 2:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

(once i get my sons passport) - If i do.... i will fly back straight away then do a massive complaint.

(gotta vent my anger somewhere right?)
But if you get your son's passport in the end then ...

Then why all the worry? 'if the child will be british'

Then no problem at all.... jesus
Old May 19th 2014, 3:02 pm
Looking Around~

Originally Posted by englishguygoinghome
But if you get your son's passport in the end then ...

You're not making sense pal.

I'm not worried, (he already is british) just need the passport! - anyway that quote was to the other dude. (in another thread mind you LOL)

your point is? if there is a point? !o!

LuL
Old May 21st 2014, 11:32 am
Just Joined

ScottishPaul is an unknown quantity at this point

Same issue for me. I applied for a renewal passport for my son and sent the application on March 16th [from China] but was registered as received on March 24th by Liverpool.

I have phone many times and got the same run arround. I got a call from Liverpool office on May 5th [after me badgering the call center] and they said that there was a large backlog and at that time they were processing applications received on March 11th.

I have since been calling center very frequently and failed to get any call back from Liverpool but have escalated today [again] and feel that the manager I talked too will ensure that I get a call back [perhaps false hope!].

In parallel I have raised a formal complaint and had my local MP from UK [where I have not lived for 20 years] also contact the Passport Office.

The process is a joke and after years of furstration on the annual China visa renewal complaints, now realize that at least the requirements are documented and time scales met. I am British but currently not proud to be British.

Time to fix this damn mess!!

Paul

OH almost forgot, the manager I talked too said he just got a "system update" that the time for China applications was now at least 8 weeks, excluding printing and posting which is at least 10 workings days.

Last edited by ScottishPaul; May 21st 2014 at 11:37 am. Reason: add a comment
Old May 21st 2014, 12:19 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Posted this on a thread in the Australia forum, but if you have a tracking number you can track an overseas application online by logging back into the system - https://www.gov.uk/track-passport-application

Not sure though if that tracking number is on the acknowledgment of application received.
Old May 21st 2014, 12:21 pm
Looking Around~

Originally Posted by ScottishPaul
Same issue for me. I applied for a renewal passport for my son and sent the application on March 16th [from China] but was registered as received on March 24th by Liverpool.

I have phone many times and got the same run arround. I got a call from Liverpool office on May 5th [after me badgering the call center] and they said that there was a large backlog and at that time they were processing applications received on March 11th.

I have since been calling center very frequently and failed to get any call back from Liverpool but have escalated today [again] and feel that the manager I talked too will ensure that I get a call back [perhaps false hope!].

In parallel I have raised a formal complaint and had my local MP from UK [where I have not lived for 20 years] also contact the Passport Office.

The process is a joke and after years of furstration on the annual China visa renewal complaints, now realize that at least the requirements are documented and time scales met. I am British but currently not proud to be British.

Time to fix this damn mess!!

Paul

OH almost forgot, the manager I talked too said he just got a "system update" that the time for China applications was now at least 8 weeks, excluding printing and posting which is at least 10 workings days.
You should have your passport now mate.... i sent mine off on 27 of march payment taken April 3rd its now 21st of may and counting and counting... I've had family members going down there I've emailed them over 40+ times called them none stop.

And what do i get? NOTHING in return..... i'll be at 8 weeks by the end of this week...... (if i don't hear anything by 1st of june) then i don't know if i can contain my family.... they're hella pissed now (as i have got things to do in auguest/sept need to sort a lot of shit out. and they are stopping me.. a british citizen...

Proud to be british? sure why not... but during this time i think i'll get a better service if i was 'American' tut tut....

Hang in there Paul! keep us posted m8.

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Posted this on a thread in the Australia forum, but if you have a tracking number you can track an overseas application online by logging back into the system - https://www.gov.uk/track-passport-application

Not sure though if that tracking number is on the acknowledgment of application received.

He's in china dude... (there is NO ONLINE) Service for passports... - it's printed off send to 'UK/LIVERPOOL' - Well it was.... rules have changed again... ~£%^$

Last edited by Vexcore; May 21st 2014 at 12:24 pm.
Old May 21st 2014, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

saman is an unknown quantity at this point

No tracking number m8 because first passport oversea application doesn't have a barcode
Old May 21st 2014, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

He's in china dude... (there is NO ONLINE) Service for passports... - it's printed off send to 'UK/LIVERPOOL' - Well it was.... rules have changed again... ~£%^$
THE LINK IS NOT VALID FOR ONLINE APPLICATIONS ... DUDE!!!

It's for paper applications where you have received a reference number. To track an online application you use the online application page

And yes, we know you're in China, and we know the internet doesn't exist where you are, but seriously - calm down!
Old May 21st 2014, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

ScottishPaul is an unknown quantity at this point

You should have your passport now mate.... i sent mine off on 27 of march payment taken April 3rd its now 21st of may and counting and counting... I've had family members going down there I've emailed them over 40+ times called them none stop.

And what do i get? NOTHING in return..... i'll be at 8 weeks by the end of this week...... (if i don't hear anything by 1st of june) then i don't know if i can contain my family.... they're hella pissed now (as i have got things to do in auguest/sept need to sort a lot of shit out. and they are stopping me.. a british citizen...

Proud to be british? sure why not... but during this time i think i'll get a better service if i was 'American' tut tut....

Hang in there Paul! keep us posted m8.

Cheers Vexcore. I relocated to US in April. Wife and kids stuff in China due to this passport issue - wife very likely to kill me when she eventually gets here!!
Old May 21st 2014, 1:47 pm
Looking Around~

Originally Posted by englishguygoinghome
THE LINK IS NOT VALID FOR ONLINE APPLICATIONS ... DUDE!!!

It's for paper applications where you have received a reference number. To track an online application you use the online application page

And yes, we know you're in China, and we know the internet doesn't exist where you are, but seriously - calm down!
lol wat! (i kinda missed that lol)

I'm calm.... kinda p33d off but it's my family who are goin sick.

Not me.

And what is this 'internet doesn't exist bollocks' lol get outta here you !

Originally Posted by ScottishPaul
Cheers Vexcore. I relocated to US in April. Wife and kids stuff in China due to this passport issue - wife very likely to kill me when she eventually gets here!!
Np m8, you'll get through it in the end... we all do! just some of us will take a longer ride!

I would suggest you look again as it can be used to check online applications from overseas as you log back onto the online system which is what I said

from the link

but only if you have your tracking number. As I said, I don't know if you get the tracking number on the acknowledgment of receipt - delink used it earlier to check the status of her online application.

Can I add, there is no need to shout at me (all caps is equivalent of shouting) and I am most certainly not a dude. I understand you are frustrated but there is no need to be rude.
Seriously caps is still consider shouting? lmao.

Relax i wasn't 'SHOUTING' heh chill out! yea i jumped the gun i thought you posted the online service. my bad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.