Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Old May 25th 2018, 2:20 am
Just Joined

everested is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delays in first passport for child born overseas

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Interesting to know they wanted to test the mother as well. Not sure why that's necessary either. Keep us updated on the process.
Actually i failed to mention that on the original hospital documents my wife used her nickname instead of her real first name on all hospital records supplied with application inc scan etc. Despite it being very common to use a nick name here (most do) we failed to foresee a future issue at the time so maybe the HMPO believe this is a fraud surrogacy case or something like that where they believe the mother and my wife are two different people? I guess that would make sense re 3 tests?

Anyhow i supplied documents to prove otherwise but as you said before, this is a country with high corruption where moneys talks etc.

Also Nepal is one of 4 countries the UK has banned adoption from so that may also be a reason?

Anyway it will be all good and will update as and when.
Old May 26th 2018, 10:11 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by everested
Actually i failed to mention that on the original hospital documents my wife used her nickname instead of her real first name on all hospital records supplied with application inc scan etc. Despite it being very common to use a nick name here (most do) we failed to foresee a future issue at the time so maybe the HMPO believe this is a fraud surrogacy case or something like that where they believe the mother and my wife are two different people? I guess that would make sense re 3 tests?

Anyhow i supplied documents to prove otherwise but as you said before, this is a country with high corruption where moneys talks etc.

Also Nepal is one of 4 countries the UK has banned adoption from so that may also be a reason?

Anyway it will be all good and will update as and when.
That does make sense.
Old Jun 5th 2018, 2:27 pm
Just Joined

uknepal is an unknown quantity at this point

Timeline for Child 1st UK Passport

Date of submission VFS Kathmandu: 4 Nov 2016

Add Doc requested: Dec 2016

New Photo Requested: May 2018

Passport Printed: 29 May 2018

collected Passporr from VFS Kathmandu: 5 June 2018

Its better to give birth in UK than Overseas if you want to have British Passport for your child, if you are from High Risk country. It was a long wait.

Last edited by uknepal; Jun 5th 2018 at 2:32 pm.
Old Jun 11th 2018, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

Shoaib28 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by uknepal
Timeline for Child 1st UK Passport

Date of submission VFS Kathmandu: 4 Nov 2016

Add Doc requested: Dec 2016

New Photo Requested: May 2018

Passport Printed: 29 May 2018

collected Passporr from VFS Kathmandu: 5 June 2018

Its better to give birth in UK than Overseas if you want to have British Passport for your child, if you are from High Risk country. It was a long wait.
Hey did they say why it took so long to process the application?
Old Jun 12th 2018, 1:53 am
Just Joined

So we had our dna tests on the 6th june in Kathmandu (i posted about it here but it has gone?) and i have been checking my mail and see i have a message from"Cellmark" a UK based dna testing company. It has a link called securemail i have to open to read the message. I have clicked on it and it tries to open in another tab but fails.
Is this company the company that my test has gone through (UK HMPO official) or is it just spam and if so i wonder how they got my email given i have just taken a test?
I did ask the girls that did the test but i was left unsure if they processed it here or if it was sent to the UK so if anyone else who has had a family dna test overseas can enlighten me i would appreciate it - cheers
Old Jun 12th 2018, 10:00 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

So we had our dna tests on the 6th june in Kathmandu (i posted about it here but it has gone?) and i have been checking my mail and see i have a message from"Cellmark" a UK based dna testing company. It has a link called securemail i have to open to read the message. I have clicked on it and it tries to open in another tab but fails.
Is this company the company that my test has gone through (UK HMPO official) or is it just spam and if so i wonder how they got my email given i have just taken a test?
I did ask the girls that did the test but i was left unsure if they processed it here or if it was sent to the UK so if anyone else who has had a family dna test overseas can enlighten me i would appreciate it - cheers
Cellmark is an accredited lab so it's likely to be legitimate.

https://www.gov.uk/get-dna-test
Old Jun 20th 2018, 3:22 am
Just Joined

Hi bud,

1st applied October 2017
Further requests for evidence Nov
Nothing for months
Email about interview in march 2018
Interview on April 6th
Email for DNA sample 14th May

So i have replied that i have no objection but told them that this 405 pounds fee is bs and complained etc. Probably will not make a difference but i have read here that they may help with fee's? (maybe i read that elsewhere) Anyway this may not seem much but to me it is a lot as i have no work etc.

Anyway it seems to take a long time but i guess that is understandable, maybe 2/3 months and sorted, not that it matters cos i am going nowhere lol, just want to get my daughter on the UK Citizenship ladder early etc, plus getting leaned on by Nepal govt to get her a visa (She is considered a UK citizen) which she can't without a passport lol.
UPDATE - received a call yesterday from VFS Kathmandu and collected my childs UK passport this morning 20th June - yay!!

So Oct 2017 to June 2018, about 9 months for total process inc DNA tests in a country with strict checks due to terrible corruption. Fwiw, the process following the DNA tests on the 6th June was very quick and i am just happy it is all over for now.

Has anyone gone on to do registering as a citizen in UK or just left as is?

Anyway a beer day now hehe.
Old Jun 20th 2018, 10:27 am

UPDATE - received a call yesterday from VFS Kathmandu and collected my childs UK passport this morning 20th June - yay!!

So Oct 2017 to June 2018, about 9 months for total process inc DNA tests in a country with strict checks due to terrible corruption. Fwiw, the process following the DNA tests on the 6th June was very quick and i am just happy it is all over for now.

Congratulations. Glad to hear you were able to see the process out.

As for consular birth registration then that is optional but I would recommend it given, as you say, Nepal is a high risk country for fraud.

https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Briti...h_Registration
Old Jun 22nd 2018, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

Danyy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys!

Spoke to HMPO and they said the passport was printed on 18th June. Does anyone know how long it takes to be delivered to VAC? I am in Karachi! Would like to hear about other countries as well

Also they didn't give me any tracking number...
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

Hey guys emailed hmpo today regarding my cousin's passport,It's bein 11months.
they normally reply with its in the examination process, but today they said the passport office will be in touch within 3working days?

Does that mean the passport will be pertinted?
Anyone got any idea??
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 10:54 pm

Originally Posted by Shoaib28
Hey guys emailed hmpo today regarding my cousin's passport,It's bein 11months.
they normally reply with its in the examination process, but today they said the passport office will be in touch within 3working days?

Does that mean the passport will be pertinted?
Anyone got any idea??
It's where it has been for months. As previously stated I suspect it will take at least twelve months.
Old Jul 3rd 2018, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

It's where it has been for months. As previously stated I suspect it will take at least twelve months.
hey thank you for your reply.

I'm just saying hmpo normal reply it's in "examination process" but today they didn't say that, they said the passport office will be in touch within 3days.
Abit worried.
Old Jul 4th 2018, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by Shoaib28
hey thank you for your reply.

I'm just saying hmpo normal reply it's in "examination process" but today they didn't say that, they said the passport office will be in touch within 3days.
Abit worried.
They may come back with a request for more information, notification that the passport will be issued, a notification that the application will be refused or just that it is continuing to be examined, "final checks", etc.. You'll just need to wait to find out.
Old Jul 6th 2018, 10:09 am
Just Joined

Jmj10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Posting this for someone who might need some insights about applying from New Zealand:
Mother= Filipina (Philippines) not married to my current bf nor before
Father= British
Applied from New Zealand
Docs received at HMPO: 10 May 2018
HMPO requested copy/scan of my CENOMAR: 25 May 2018
Received text about scheduled delivery: 6 July 2018
Est Delivery on 11 July 2018
8 weeks over all.

Thank you for those who answered my questions before!
Old Jul 9th 2018, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

They may come back with a request for more information, notification that the passport will be issued, a notification that the application will be refused or just that it is continuing to be examined, "final checks", etc.. You'll just need to wait to find out.
last week hmpo said passport office will be in touch within 3days, no one did. Then they said they have made a inquiry regarding application, and this week they said it's in examination process?
any idea what's going?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.