Criminal history effecting visa?

Old Apr 4th 2019, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

crawsco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Criminal history effecting visa?

I have a question. I would like to live in London with my fiance and am starting to think about visas. Im worried because I have a misdemeanor battery charge I will be immediately red flagged and not allowed.

Does anyone know if its possible to obtain a visa under these circumstances? I plead guilty to avoid court and got a misdemeanor with 3 years of probation. The probation is not restricted travel in any way. Its basically be a good boy for 3 years. I would have not plead guilty if I knew it was going to effect a relationship and life like this down the line.

So does anyone know if its possible to get a visa with a criminal record? I believe I fit into this paragraph somewhere. Does this mean I need to wait 1 year after my conviction before applying? Or is it 1 year after my 3 year probation sentence? And again is this a 100% rule or is there a way around this?

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Grounds on which entry clearance or leave to enter the United Kingdom should normally be refused

(18A) within the 12 months prior to the date on which the application is decided, the person has been convicted of or admitted an offence for which they received a non-custodial sentence or other out of court disposal that is recorded on their criminal record;

(18B) in the view of the Secretary of State:

(a) the person’s offending has caused serious harm; or

(b) the person is a persistent offender who shows a particular disregard for the law.