British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Correct Address of UKVI office in Sheffield (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/correct-address-ukvi-office-sheffield-908614/)

BritInParis Apr 28th 2018 1:20 am

Re: Correct Address of UKVI office in Sheffield

Originally Posted by Hmarcotass123 (Post 12490561)
Hi Brit in Paris! Thank you very much for your reply it’s much appreciated!:)

My concern is I have read a note on the TLS website saying to be aware that Parcelforce don’t deliver to a PO box so do not use Parcelforce..

So I’m worried I shouldn’t have used Parcelforce at all and that Parcelforce won’t deliver to the S3 Sheffield postcode that I used too... :/

Except S3 8NU isn’t a PO Box.

nadziestarsky Apr 28th 2018 5:54 am

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12435669)
Where you need to send your documents will vary depending on where you lodge your application. An application lodged in Hong Kong may very well be processed in Manila. I would wait and see what happens at your biometric application before making a decision.

Sending only photocopies for a settlement visa will almost certainty result in a refusal.

Had to wait for the decision first before I could reply to this one. I sent soft copies to my husband in Bristol. He printed them off and sent to Sheffield. Got the decision last April 20 and it was successful :) Thanks to everyone who shared their input on this thread!

spouse of scouse Apr 28th 2018 9:52 am

Originally Posted by nadziestarsky (Post 12490704)
Had to wait for the decision first before I could reply to this one. I sent soft copies to my husband in Bristol. He printed them off and sent to Sheffield. Got the decision last April 20 and it was successful :) Thanks to everyone who shared their input on this thread!

So your husband sent all your documents as uncertified photocopies, including your birth certificate, marriage certificate etc?

nadziestarsky Apr 28th 2018 10:59 am

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 12490782)
So your husband sent all your documents as uncertified photocopies, including your birth certificate, marriage certificate etc?

They are certified true copies. However, I just scanned all of them in coloured form, sent the files to my husband by email and he printed all of them to be sent to Sheffield.

spouse of scouse Apr 28th 2018 11:39 am

Originally Posted by nadziestarsky (Post 12490816)
They are certified true copies. However, I just scanned all of them in coloured form, sent the files to my husband by email and he printed all of them to be sent to Sheffield.

Thanks for clarifying. I received my spouse visa three years ago and I'm sure the instruction was that only original marriage, divorce and birth certificates would be accepted. Perhaps this has changed, I had a look at the latest documents list here https://assets.publishing.service.go...settlement.pdf
and it doesn't mention that these have to be originals. However it does state that 'marriage certificate, birth certificate, divorce certificate' is required under applicant documents, while under sponsor documents it says 'copies of' marriage, birth and divorce certificates.

If at all possible, I think applicants should submit originals of these documents. Congratulations on your successful application :starsmile:

Katy78 Apr 28th 2018 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 12490836)
Thanks for clarifying. I received my spouse visa three years ago and I'm sure the instruction was that only original marriage, divorce and birth certificates would be accepted. Perhaps this has changed, I had a look at the latest documents list here https://assets.publishing.service.go...settlement.pdf
and it doesn't mention that these have to be originals. However it does state that 'marriage certificate, birth certificate, divorce certificate' is required under applicant documents, while under sponsor documents it says 'copies of' marriage, birth and divorce certificates.

If at all possible, I think applicants should submit originals of these documents. Congratulations on your successful application :starsmile:

Spouse of Scouse, would you mind pointing me to where it says the applicant needs to provide their birth certificate? As I can't find it and I didn't do this! Can only see reference to marriage, death, divorce certs etc for applicant. I'm sure I asked the guy who scanned my docs and he said no too. But wouldn't surprise me if he was wrong.

rahuluk May 12th 2018 6:00 am

Hi I recently applied my spouse visa from India and my wife she is in UK she sent all the documents to the UKVI on 24 apirl and still I didn't get back my documents.but I have one question I didn't put return address in envelope I wrote the return address on the paper.and I put it with application form iam quite worried about my documents they said with in 10 working day's we will return ur documents but...anyone can plz tell me how long it will take a time to send back documents.....

Biglittleben May 12th 2018 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by rahuluk (Post 12497998)
Hi I recently applied my spouse visa from India and my wife she is in UK she sent all the documents to the UKVI on 24 apirl and still I didn't get back my documents.but I have one question I didn't put return address in envelope I wrote the return address on the paper.and I put it with application form iam quite worried about my documents they said with in 10 working day's we will return ur documents but...anyone can plz tell me how long it will take a time to send back documents.....

If you didn't include a self addressed pre-paid envelope how do you expect them to return your documents? You may get an email later asking you to send them an envelope. Wait a bit longer. There is no set time for receiving your documents back.

Biglittleben May 12th 2018 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Katy78 (Post 12490859)
Spouse of Scouse, would you mind pointing me to where it says the applicant needs to provide their birth certificate? As I can't find it and I didn't do this! Can only see reference to marriage, death, divorce certs etc for applicant. I'm sure I asked the guy who scanned my docs and he said no too. But wouldn't surprise me if he was wrong.

Birth certificates are usually for children you have and want to bring into the UK for immigration purposes. Or to perhaps prove you were born in the UK but are now living abroad under a foreign passport etc.

Katy78 May 12th 2018 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Biglittleben (Post 12498119)
Birth certificates are usually for children you have and want to bring into the UK for immigration purposes. Or to perhaps prove you were born in the UK but are now living abroad under a foreign passport etc.

Yes I thought so! Thanks.

alexandria Jun 21st 2018 7:15 pm

Hi Everyone! I need some help with my Uk marriage visa. I am applying to move to the uk with to be with my husband. I am from the US. I paid for roundtrip shipping on the vfs global website, but on the label it has a New York address? I thought everything was supposed to be going to Sheffield for settlement visas. Maybe I did something wrong? But im not sure if I can change it now or get a refund?

So my question is: Is UK Visas and Immigration British Consulate General 845 3rd Avenue, 10th Floor New York NY 10022 a correct address to send my settlement visa documents to? Are they a middle man? Im not sure what to do..
If the New York is the wrong address, then what address do I send it to in Sheffield? Thanks in advance!

BritInParis Jun 22nd 2018 3:21 am

Originally Posted by alexandria (Post 12520286)
Hi Everyone! I need some help with my Uk marriage visa. I am applying to move to the uk with to be with my husband. I am from the US. I paid for roundtrip shipping on the vfs global website, but on the label it has a New York address? I thought everything was supposed to be going to Sheffield for settlement visas. Maybe I did something wrong? But im not sure if I can change it now or get a refund?

So my question is: Is UK Visas and Immigration British Consulate General 845 3rd Avenue, 10th Floor New York NY 10022 a correct address to send my settlement visa documents to? Are they a middle man? Im not sure what to do..
If the New York is the wrong address, then what address do I send it to in Sheffield? Thanks in advance!

Have you done your biometrics yet?

alexandria Jun 22nd 2018 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12520488)
Have you done your biometrics yet?

I have. I just did it the 19th of this month. So I'm trying to get my documents sent in. I am trying to contact the ukvi and see if I can get it fixed that way.

BritInParis Jun 22nd 2018 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by alexandria (Post 12520789)
I have. I just did it the 19th of this month. So I'm trying to get my documents sent in. I am trying to contact the ukvi and see if I can get it fixed that way.

Did you select Settlement>Sheffield when purchasing the courier service?

alexandria Jun 22nd 2018 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12520794)
Did you select Settlement>Sheffield when purchasing the courier service?

I think I did, I was doing it kind of in a hurry.. But I know I picked Settlement, just not sure about Sheffield.. Is there anyway I can redo it or do I just go into UPS and pay for it again but with correct labels? Because I am getting no luck getting ahold of anyone to help me.