British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Correct Address of UKVI office in Sheffield (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/correct-address-ukvi-office-sheffield-908614/)

alexandria Jun 22nd 2018 3:35 pm

Re: Correct Address of UKVI office in Sheffield

I think I can get a refund on the roundtrip service, and maybe try again??

alexandria Jun 27th 2018 6:20 pm

Hello Everyone again! Just wanted to update and say that I figured out what went wrong. I thought settlement was a subcategory and underneath it were the categories you chose from. So I clicked on: Special Visitor-Marriage/Civil P. (Should've been obvious but of course I was going fast and trying to get things done.) So now I know to pick settlement and it chose the correct address and everything lol.

Anyways.... I am emailing the Vfs global website and they're super helpful, and hopefully sending in my documents today after work!
Wish us luck :fingerscrossed:

BritInParis Jun 28th 2018 7:46 am

Originally Posted by alexandria (Post 12523411)
Hello Everyone again! Just wanted to update and say that I figured out what went wrong. I thought settlement was a subcategory and underneath it were the categories you chose from. So I clicked on: Special Visitor-Marriage/Civil P. (Should've been obvious but of course I was going fast and trying to get things done.) So now I know to pick settlement and it chose the correct address and everything lol.

Anyways.... I am emailing the Vfs global website and they're super helpful, and hopefully sending in my documents today after work!

Glad to hear you got it sorted.

RKLEGG Sep 19th 2018 9:39 am

Originally Posted by alexandria (Post 12523411)

Hey! can you let me know what courier service you used to send the documents to sheffield?
I cant find any couriers that can deliver to a PO box and from what Ive read USPS partners with Parcel Force in the UK which wont deliver to PO Boxes.
Hoping to send my documents on Friday from NYC, USA. Such a stressful process!

christmasoompa Sep 19th 2018 10:44 am

Originally Posted by RKLEGG (Post 12564997)
Hey! can you let me know what courier service you used to send the documents to sheffield?
I cant find any couriers that can deliver to a PO box and from what Ive read USPS partners with Parcel Force in the UK which wont deliver to PO Boxes.

See the first few posts in this thread - you don't use the PO Box address if you're delivering by courier, you use the other one.

HTH and welcome to the forum.

RKLEGG Sep 19th 2018 10:52 am

Originally Posted by christmasoompa (Post 12565026)
See the first few posts in this thread - you don't use the PO Box address if you're delivering by courier, you use the other one.

HTH and welcome to the forum.

Thank you for your response.
According to UKVI website, effective January 30 2017 all settlement visa's need to be sent to the PO Box address.
I dont see anything about US citizens being able to send to the physical address.

em28 Sep 19th 2018 10:53 am

Originally Posted by RKLEGG (Post 12564997)

There seems to have been a change in where supporting documents for applications from the USA are to be sent (https://www.gov.uk/government/public...isa-in-the-usa) - They no longer list an address in Sheffield (updated 14/09/2018). Seen discussions about this elsewhere on the web as well.
Hopefully the email confirming the visa application should have those details once you submit the application.

Kimberly1471 Sep 25th 2018 12:14 am

I have a question. Im from California and im applying for UK Fiance Visa. Im aware that I mail documents to:

Settlement Applications, International Operations and Visas, PO Box 5852
Sheffield, United Kingdom S11 OFX

however Im struggling to find a post office that delivers to PO Boxes. Anyone have any suggestions? Your help is very much appreciated.

BritInParis Sep 25th 2018 12:55 am

Originally Posted by Kimberly1471 (Post 12567604)
I have a question. Im from California and im applying for UK Fiance Visa. Im aware that I mail documents to:

Settlement Applications, International Operations and Visas, PO Box 5852
Sheffield, United Kingdom S11 OFX

however Im struggling to find a post office that delivers to PO Boxes. Anyone have any suggestions? Your help is very much appreciated.

See the previous post. You’ll now post your application to New York if you are applying from the US.

RKLEGG Sep 25th 2018 7:28 am

I’ve just submitted my visa application and settlement visas definitely need to go to Sheffield not New York.

I have a lawyer who has walked me through the whole process.

BritInParis Sep 25th 2018 11:11 am

Originally Posted by RKLEGG (Post 12567722)
I’ve just submitted my visa application and settlement visas definitely need to go to Sheffield not New York.

I have a lawyer who has walked me through the whole process.

Not a guarantor of anything I’m afraid if they haven’t kept up with the changes in procedure.

RKLEGG Sep 25th 2018 11:27 am

Thank you for your response. My biometrics confirmation letter states that settlement visas go through o Sheffield and that all other visa types are to be sent to NY.
do you mind forwarding where you found the new submission procedures? Last official update I can find was effective Jan 2018.
Id like to follow up with my lawyer and also let others know.
Thank you in advance.

BritInParis Sep 25th 2018 11:39 am

Originally Posted by RKLEGG (Post 12567841)
Thank you for your response. My biometrics confirmation letter states that settlement visas go through o Sheffield and that all other visa types are to be sent to NY.
do you mind forwarding where you found the new submission procedures? Last official update I can find was effective Jan 2018.
Thank you in advance.

Post #52.

Kimberly1471 Sep 27th 2018 8:42 pm

Originally Posted by RKLEGG (Post 12567841)
Thank you in advance.

Hello. I was reading your reply about where to send visa. I just paid for my online Visa today and I received email stating we mail Non Settlement Visas to New York. However i'm wanting to settle in UK after I marry. So therefore my application should be sent to Sheffield.

How did you do it?

If you did send to Sheffield what service did you use to send International?

RKLEGG Sep 27th 2018 8:53 pm

I got married in NYC as my husband has a green card.
For my spouse visa application I sent the documents to Sheffield and have received a confirmation email stating that my application is being prepared for a decision.

I looked into a visa to get married in the U.K. and it was too much work!!