Combine Savings and Income question for UK Spouse Visa

Old Dec 3rd 2014, 10:25 pm
Forum Regular

Location: From Salisbury, UK to Auckland, NZ - now back in the UK!
celeliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the rough
Default Combine Savings and Income question for UK Spouse Visa

Hi,

With regards to a UK Spouse Visa, I'm reading more about the financial requirements which seems to be really confusing! I'm a British Citizen, living and working in New Zealand with my kiwi husband and are planning to move back to the UK.

My question is:

Can I combine my current salary in NZ of NZD55K p/a where I have been employed over the last 4.5 years PLUS my UK savings of 30K pounds which has been sitting in my own savings account for few years?

I don't have a job offer in the UK so I'm just trying to lay out some possible ways to get a UK spouse visa for my kiwi husband.

Thanks heaps,
Claire
Old Dec 3rd 2014, 11:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Combine Savings and Income question for UK Spouse Visa

No, you cannot combine your earnings in New Zealand and savings in order to qualify for a settlement visa, without having a job to go to in the UK starting within 3 months of your return.
Old Dec 4th 2014, 12:08 am
Forum Regular

celeliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the rough

OK - but supposing if I had a UK job offer, I would meet all the requirements including my current salary?
Old Dec 4th 2014, 12:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

If you have a current job and a job to go to in the UK starting within 3 months of your return then, yes, you can use savings for any shortfall.

Read Section 5 of the following document, carefully, to see how you qualify:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...equirement.pdf
Old Dec 11th 2014, 8:36 am
Forum Regular

I am having trouble working out the financial requirements when combining my current salary in NZ and a new job offer salary. Based on earning $55K at the moment, how much the salary would I need for the job offer to meet the financial requirements under category A? Thanks.
Old Dec 11th 2014, 3:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by celeliza
I am having trouble working out the financial requirements when combining my current salary in NZ and a new job offer salary. Based on earning $55K at the moment, how much the salary would I need for the job offer to meet the financial requirements under category A? Thanks.
According to me your current salary is equivalent to 27K GBP . So your current salary qualifies for the minimum financial requirements.

You have savings of 30K GBP. You could apply the savings to any shortfall in salary for the job you have in the UK.

If you get a job with salary of 12K GBP you would need approx 32K GBP in savings. (shortfall of 6,600 x 2.5 + 16,000)

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Dec 11th 2014 at 3:26 pm.
Old Dec 11th 2014, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

Ok, so if I use my current salary PLUS a job offer in the UK at least £18,600 then I meet the financial requirements without the use of savings?

If the job offer salary is under (even if it's £1K or £2K less than £18,600) then I would need to make up the difference to use the savings?

I'm doing some jobs research online at the moment so just want to make sure I know what I need to look for. Would a temporary contact of 3 or 6 months be okay to accept? And what sort of evidence would I need to provide?

Thanks heaps! :-)
Old Dec 11th 2014, 7:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by celeliza
Ok, so if I use my current salary PLUS a job offer in the UK at least £18,600 then I meet the financial requirements without the use of savings?

If the job offer salary is under (even if it's £1K or £2K less than £18,600) then I would need to make up the difference to use the savings?

I'm doing some jobs research online at the moment so just want to make sure I know what I need to look for. Would a temporary contact of 3 or 6 months be okay to accept? And what sort of evidence would I need to provide?

Thanks heaps! :-)
- Current salary of over 18,600, plus job to go to of over 18,600 - NO savings required.

- Job offer of UNDER 18,600 (even if its only 500 GBP) - Savings ARE needed to make up shortfall

- Temporary contract of 3 to 6 months - NOT acceptable unless in that 3 to 6 months you were going to earn 18,600 or over. The criteria is that you have a job paying 18,600 per annum minimum.

- Evidence: work contract, letter from employer stating salary, job title, start date, etc etc.