Meeting financial requirements working part time

Old Dec 12th 2014, 10:26 am
Just Joined

warmheart is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Meeting financial requirements working part time

Hi
My husband joined me in the UK on a spousal visa which needs renewing May 16 so I am doing a bit of advanced planning

I am a British citizen therefore does that mean our children would be british citizens and exempt from the extra financial requirement?

I had hoped after my maternity leave next year to return to work part time ensuring that I met the £19,000 financial requirement. If I need to meet the extra £3000 for having a child I will need to rethink my working plans.

Wish these 5years could fly by so he can get ILR and this visa stress can be put behind us!!
Old Dec 12th 2014, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

LondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond reputeLondonSquirrel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Meeting financial requirements working part time

Yes if the children are British and didn't need a visa you don't have to find the extra income for them, just the £18.6K.
Old Dec 12th 2014, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

If your husband is in the UK and on a current spouse visa, then HIS income and yours can be used for the next application for the FLR visa.

Is he not working?

Read the following document carefully and you will see that if the applicant is already in the UK legally then their income can be used as well:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...equirement.pdf
Old Dec 12th 2014, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

warmheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh wow you have possibly made my year!!

How on earth did I miss that?! He is only on NMW but that's still around £13000 a year.

I feel comfortable going part time now I know his wages count as well