Citizenship 'triple descent'

Old Oct 23rd 2022, 2:24 pm
Just Joined

GarryUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Citizenship 'triple descent'

Hi all

I just posted off my application form ARD yesterday.
circumstances maternal grandfather, mother born SA, British by descent. Using Section 4L(1)(a) BNA challenging the gender discrimination of Section 9. I see it's been covered here in a post in February. Wish I saw it! Anyway I have a question I can't seem to get out my mind. If my application is successful which I'm confident. My son born in the UK should in theory have been born British and if so. Which application can we use? ARD form is for 18+.
kind regards
Old Oct 23rd 2022, 9:46 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship 'triple descent'

What was your status and the status of your son’s mother when he was born?
Old Oct 23rd 2022, 9:53 pm
Just Joined

Hi @BritInParis we were both South African citizens at the time of his birth. Our status at his birth will be the judgment?
Old Oct 23rd 2022, 10:31 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GarryUK
Hi @BritInParis we were both South African citizens at the time of his birth. Our status at his birth will be the judgment?
What was your immigration status in the UK, e.g. UK Ancestry visa holders?
Old Oct 24th 2022, 4:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
What was your immigration status in the UK, e.g. UK Ancestry visa holders?
Morning yes 100%
Old Oct 24th 2022, 6:31 am
Just Joined

Been searching for many hours, the only thing I can think of is registration under section1(3) and argue the point it was not possible for me to register my son within 12 months due to the gender discrimination of section 9 and present my successful ARD application. What's your opinion?
Old Oct 24th 2022, 7:40 am

I would concur with registration under S.1(3) using Form MN1 is likely to be your only option at this stage but obviously that’s going to attract a £1,012 fee.
Old Oct 24th 2022, 7:43 am
Just Joined

BritInParis many thanks. Think it's best I prepare this application in advance until the verdict for ARD comes through. Any suggestions with a comprehensive cover letter? As to avoid confusion for the caseworker. Would love some tips from you

Last edited by GarryUK; Oct 24th 2022 at 8:55 am.