Changes to MN1 form and tricky questions to answer.

Old Apr 19th 2015, 5:19 am
Just Joined

TheD4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Changes to MN1 form and tricky questions to answer.

(very) Slowly getting application ready for MN1 (sec3 (2) ) and thought I'd better check there were any updates to process. Scrolling through the application form online I see its different than the one I have printed out from a few months ago.
The last few pages are about biometric residence and in particular on part says "6.18 Give details of the person who will be accompanying the applicant when he or she attends their Biometric information registration appointment"

What am I suppose to do when my child and I live in Australia? What is it all about?

Also, any tips on filling out the dates for page 8 (3.3) (details to prove I lived in UK for reckonable period of 3 years) when it was 25 years ago that I lived there and was a teen. My passports don't have stamps for those trips. I went away a few times for holidays etc but I can only guestimate those dates.
Old Apr 19th 2015, 1:09 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Changes to MN1 form and tricky questions to answer.

Originally Posted by TheD4
(very) Slowly getting application ready for MN1 (sec3 (2) ) and thought I'd better check there were any updates to process. Scrolling through the application form online I see its different than the one I have printed out from a few months ago.
The last few pages are about biometric residence and in particular on part says "6.18 Give details of the person who will be accompanying the applicant when he or she attends their Biometric information registration appointment"

What am I suppose to do when my child and I live in Australia? What is it all about?
Biometric enrolment for citizenship applications is a new requirement as of this month. The only slight hiccup is that biometric enrolment hasn't been rolled out worldwide yet. This will happen on 31 May for Australia. For Q6.18 you can put yourself down if you plan to accompany your child.

Also, any tips on filling out the dates for page 8 (3.3) (details to prove I lived in UK for reckonable period of 3 years) when it was 25 years ago that I lived there and was a teen. My passports don't have stamps for those trips. I went away a few times for holidays etc but I can only guestimate those dates.
You'll need some fairly concrete evidence to prove you were in the UK for the dates you are claiming as this is what would qualify your child for registration under S.3(2). You say you were a teen - were you in formal education (school, college, university) for this period? Letters from the institutions stating your dates of attendance would be a good place to start.
Old Apr 19th 2015, 1:18 pm
Just Joined

TheD4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Biometric enrolment for citizenship applications is a new requirement as of this month. The only slight hiccup is that biometric enrolment hasn't been rolled out worldwide yet. This will happen on 31 May for Australia. For Q6.18 you can put yourself down if you plan to accompany your child.

You'll need some fairly concrete evidence to prove you were in the UK for the dates you are claiming as this is what would qualify your child for registration under S.3(2). You say you were a teen - were you in formal education (school, college, university) for this period? Letters from the institutions stating your dates of attendance would be a good place to start.
Thanks for the great reply. So I will need to actually provide evidence and not just write in the dates? I was at high school. I have no evidence but I can contact the school and surely get proof somehow from them...? It will take a while so the end of may for the biometric criteria wont matter as this application continues to drag on while i get the bits of ancient evidence required. *sigh*
Old Apr 19th 2015, 1:29 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheD4
Thanks for the great reply. So I will need to actually provide evidence and not just write in the dates? I was at high school. I have no evidence but I can contact the school and surely get proof somehow from them...? It will take a while so the end of may for the biometric criteria wont matter as this application continues to drag on while i get the bits of ancient evidence required. *sigh*
No, you'll definitely need written evidence. Whilst I'm sure you're unfailingly trustworthy the Home Office isn't just going take your word for it

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...e_mar_2015.pdf

Child born abroad to British citizen parents
• Child’s birth certificate showing the parents’ names
• Parents’ marriage certificate (if the father is a British citizen)
• British parent’s birth certificate or passport*
• British grandparent’s birth certificate, registration or naturalisation certificate or passport*
• Grandparents’ marriage certificate
• Evidence of residence *