Canadian becoming UK Citizen!

Old Jul 20th 2009, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

cchesterman is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Canadian becoming UK Citizen!

My husband was born and bred in Canada and recently found out his mother is a british citizen ( she thought she lost citizenship by moving to Canada in 1970) so he is now applying for citizenship. We want to move to London permanently. How does he bring myself ( his wife of 8 yrs) and our 2 yr old daughter - both Canadian to London? I have found an application form for myself but can not find an application for our daughter.

I have searched all the government sites but can not get a clear cut answer on how to bring her over to the UK.

Any help would be great!!!

Thank you
Old Jul 20th 2009, 10:30 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canadian becoming UK Citizen!

Originally Posted by cchesterman
My husband was born and bred in Canada and recently found out his mother is a british citizen ( she thought she lost citizenship by moving to Canada in 1970) so he is now applying for citizenship. We want to move to London permanently. How does he bring myself ( his wife of 8 yrs) and our 2 yr old daughter - both Canadian to London? I have found an application form for myself but can not find an application for our daughter.
Include daughter on spouse's visa application, normally. Any chance his mother was born in Northern Ireland?
Old Jul 21st 2009, 2:36 am
Just Joined

cchesterman is an unknown quantity at this point

No she was actually born in Iran as the war started as her father was an engineer and was building roads in Iran when war broke out. Her mother was from germany and her father from persia. She was sent to London during the war and her mother remarried a british man and he legally adopted her. So she received her citizenship. Do you think this will qualify my husband in obtaining british citizenship now?
Thanks so much!!!
Old Jul 21st 2009, 4:19 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cchesterman
No she was actually born in Iran as the war started as her father was an engineer and was building roads in Iran when war broke out. Her mother was from germany and her father from persia. She was sent to London during the war and her mother remarried a british man and he legally adopted her. So she received her citizenship. Do you think this will qualify my husband in obtaining british citizenship now?
Thanks so much!!!
Your husband should be a British citizen by descent (does he have records of his mother's adoption in Britain?) but that still means you and your daughter need visas to live in Britain. You can be registered/naturalised as British citizens later on.
Old Jul 23rd 2009, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

MR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to allMR79 is a name known to all

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/vafs/

have a look at the link, should help.

MR79