Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Calling the UK. Gov HelpLine, has anyone done used the service

Calling the UK. Gov HelpLine, has anyone done used the service

Old Feb 19th 2016, 2:26 pm
Next chapter awaits

HighCaper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Calling the UK. Gov HelpLine, has anyone done used the service

Hi

I am a British Citized and my husband and Step-Daughter (14 years old) want to move to the UK.

I need clarity on whether a Notorized Consent Letter, composed by an Attoney/ Notary Public, signed by my Step-Daughters mother agreeing for us to take the child to live in the UK with us is acceptable by the Settlement Visa Issuing Authority ?

I'm reading conflicting postings and the U.K. Gov website is ambiguous.

I'm considering calling their helpline to see if I can get clarity and wondered if anyone had gone to the expense of trying this ?

Thanks everyone
Old Feb 21st 2016, 5:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calling the UK. Gov HelpLine, has anyone done used the service

Who currently has legal custody?

With whom does the child currently live?
Old Feb 21st 2016, 4:05 pm
Next chapter awaits

Thanks for replying Shirtback.

My husband and the Childs mother got divorced 9 years ago and at that time she was given custody with documented visitation rights to the father. However, as time has passed the mother has become far less involved with the child and now the child spends more time with us that she does her mother. None of the changes of where the child lives or who she spends more time with has been documented either between them or in the courts.

The mother however, is willing to sign an Attorney prepared Letter of Consent that the child lives with the father and permanently relocates to the UK. This letter will then be Notorized. Will this be sufficient without having to go back to the High Court to change the custody arrangement ?
Old Feb 21st 2016, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it will, but I may be wrong.
Old Feb 21st 2016, 4:38 pm
Next chapter awaits

Is it worth calling the UK Gov helpline for clarity ?

I've emailed them a couple of time and they don't answer queries, they just send a link to their website, which doesn't help with specific situations.
Old Feb 21st 2016, 4:46 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...children-set07