British Citizenship by Discretion (CBR post 1982)

Old Jan 1st 2023, 12:30 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Citizenship by Discretion (CBR post 1982)

Originally Posted by justin4d
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

BritInParis jmin Out of interest - If I had to apply using the ARD forms, without immigration advisory representation, and the application is denied - does this potentially hurt my chances of using Sable / other immi advisors thereafter for an appeal or subsequent re-submission?

Is there some kind of red flag placed against your profile for further subsequent applications / appeals?

I am assessing the risk of applying on my own, and this is the final deciding factor before deciding whether to go with Sable or using the knowledge provided through these forums.

Thank you!
It would depend heavily on why your application was refused. It was lack of evidence or a poorly argued claim then that would not in and of itself prevent you from successfully applying in the future once those issues had been addressed.
Old Jan 3rd 2023, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

Tlk1677 is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone here at success with this?
Old Jan 6th 2023, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

Tlk1677 is an unknown quantity at this point

BritInParis in this guide... https://www.gov.uk/government/public...-circumstances. Can you tell me the difference between 10 and 12? Other then the applicant being a female in 10 and a male in 12.

Thank you!!!
Old Jan 6th 2023, 3:16 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tlk1677
BritInParis in this guide... https://www.gov.uk/government/public...-circumstances. Can you tell me the difference between 10 and 12? Other then the applicant being a female in 10 and a male in 12.

Thank you!!!
The relevant difference is that in example 12 the applicant was born in 1972 when consular birth registration within a year of birth as a route to citizenship was an option and in example 10 the applicant was born 1996 when it was not.
Old Jan 6th 2023, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

jmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond reputejmin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tlk1677
Has anyone here at success with this?
According to Sable, their first batch of applications was approved. I would expect that we will hear from users in the next few months, as many applied a bit later.
Old Jan 6th 2023, 6:48 pm
Just Joined

justin4d is an unknown quantity at this point

so after all the back and forth, I’ll be going ahead with Sable and will definitely be sharing feedback with this thread on the process, even though it might be more subjective based on whether you have all the docs lined up and ready etc.

I just couldn’t take the risk of applying on my own after considering all the opportunities this passport would bring me - and also I requested from 3 other agents other than Sable and they all seemed to try BS me with saying they have been successful with this specific application (yet Sable are pioneers and have not confirmed 100% success yet?!), some were 1.5-2x the price I was quoted originally and some seemed a bit lost on the process and said “you qualify for ancestral visa!” (Yeah no $*** Sherlock 😂 - not interested).

Hence why Sable was chosen. I’ll let you know the updates 🙏🏼

Originally Posted by jmin
According to Sable, their first batch of applications was approved. I would expect that we will hear from users in the next few months, as many applied a bit later.
Old Jan 9th 2023, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

xoomyto is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by justin4d;[url=tel:13163909
13163909[/url]]so after all the back and forth, I’ll be going ahead with Sable and will definitely be sharing feedback with this thread on the process, even though it might be more subjective based on whether you have all the docs lined up and ready etc.

I just couldn’t take the risk of applying on my own after considering all the opportunities this passport would bring me - and also I requested from 3 other agents other than Sable and they all seemed to try BS me with saying they have been successful with this specific application (yet Sable are pioneers and have not confirmed 100% success yet?!), some were 1.5-2x the price I was quoted originally and some seemed a bit lost on the process and said “you qualify for ancestral visa!” (Yeah no $*** Sherlock 😂 - not interested).

Hence why Sable was chosen. I’ll let you know the updates 🙏🏼
how much Sable is charging for this service ?
Old Jan 9th 2023, 5:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by xoomyto
how much Sable is charging for this service ?
The latest quote was GBP2,250 for the consultancy fees and GBP80 for the government fees related to when your citizenship is awarded.
Old Jan 10th 2023, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by justin4d
The latest quote was GBP2,250 for the consultancy fees and GBP80 for the government fees related to when your citizenship is awarded.
I’m in the wrong job 😅
Old Jan 10th 2023, 9:11 am
Just Joined

You would absolutely be a top senior agent with your knowledge! #applynow!
Old Jan 23rd 2023, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

aartsuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Re: British Citizenship by Discretion (CBR post 1982)

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You could potentially apply to be register under S.4L BNA 1981 using Form ARD but this would only make you a British citizen by descent and you would still need to make a separate application to register your child. Personally speaking I would naturalise with your child as your dependant as this would grant you both British citizenship otherwise than by descent meaning any future children born outside the UK would be automatically be British citizens by descent.
Hi BritInParis

Thank you so much for your advise.

Having read through the online guidance I'm finding this bit of info conflicting. Seems they are advising that British citizenship would be otherwise than by descent. Am I understanding this correctly? Source below:

Guidance name: Guidance on registering as a British citizen (form ARD) (accessible) Updated 1 December 2022 - Sorry wont let me post the URL.
Section: The requirements you have to meet, and the citizenship you will acquire if your application is successful
Statement: 'A person who is registered under this provision will become a British citizen otherwise than by descent. British citizens otherwise than by descent are able to pass on British citizenship to any children born outside British territory.'

In this case wouldn't it make sense for me to apply through section 4L using the ARD form, rather than naturalise?
How do we submit these applications? Post?

Old Jan 23rd 2023, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by aartsuk
Hi BritInParis

Thank you so much for your advise.

Having read through the online guidance I'm finding this bit of info conflicting. Seems they are advising that British citizenship would be otherwise than by descent. Am I understanding this correctly? Source below:

Guidance name: Guidance on registering as a British citizen (form ARD) (accessible) Updated 1 December 2022 - Sorry wont let me post the URL.
Section: The requirements you have to meet, and the citizenship you will acquire if your application is successful
Statement: 'A person who is registered under this provision will become a British citizen otherwise than by descent. British citizens otherwise than by descent are able to pass on British citizenship to any children born outside British territory.'

In this case wouldn't it make sense for me to apply through section 4L using the ARD form, rather than naturalise?
How do we submit these applications? Post?
Apologies, you are indeed correct! That’s extremely generous as potentially a third generation born outside the UK could now receive British citizenship automatically. It would only apply to children born after you have been registered though. I’m assuming your ten year old was born before you obtained ILR?
Old Jan 23rd 2023, 6:12 pm
Just Joined

aartsuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Apologies, you are indeed correct! That’s extremely generous as potentially a third generation born outside the UK could now receive British citizenship automatically. It would only apply to children born after you have been registered though. I’m assuming your ten year old was born before you obtained ILR?
Yes my 10 year old was born prior to getting ILR. My partner will need to apply for naturalization, If she cant get citizenship through my application we should still be fine to apply as a dependant on my partners.
Any Ideas on the how to submit question?
Old Feb 9th 2023, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

GarryUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Update for admins & users:
I'm born post 1983 with UK born maternal grandfather.
Application submitted: 16 Dec 2022
Acknowledgment letter received: 13 Jan 2023
Biometrics invitation: 25 Jan 2023
Biometrics done today.
Will come back with the verdict.
cheers
Old Feb 10th 2023, 7:13 am
Just Joined

xoomyto is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GarryUK
Update for admins & users:
I'm born post 1983 with UK born maternal grandfather.
Application submitted: 16 Dec 2022
Acknowledgment letter received: 13 Jan 2023
Biometrics invitation: 25 Jan 2023
Biometrics done today.
Will come back with the verdict.
cheers
Hi,

Thanks for the update but I am really worried, my application was received January 3rd 2023 and haven’t heard anything since then, I check my bank account everyday and they haven’t withdrawn any 80 GBP. is there any email or phone number I can use to follow up on my application. I have no application reference as I didn’t receive anything. Only thing I have is Royal Mail signature confirmation (IMMIG)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.