British citizenship

Old Jan 9th 2019, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

bookerw100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British citizenship

Hi I have my appt (nonEU) next week. I have uploaded the following documents in these categories in the new online system:

"Proof of Apllication" : Current and previous passports with stamps

"Residence in the UK" : ILR BRP

"Other": Life in the UK, UK degree and 2 referee forms.

Is the above okay?
Old Jan 9th 2019, 11:50 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British citizenship

I think you are our guinea pig for this.
Old Jan 9th 2019, 1:19 pm
Forum Regular

fair enough. is the document list okay - as in any other additional documents required?
Old Jan 17th 2019, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

So I had my appointment yesterday. I used one of the core centers so the appointment was "free".

I had already uploaded my documents so they had to just check it. Once I got there had to wait around for a bit and then they took my biometrics.

After that they called me to one of the booths, checked my originals. Uploaded some of them again - not sure why. The guy was like so mysterious about what or why he was doing even though I was asking him.

One thing to take which doesn't say on the website is take an address proof with you like a bill or license. I had read it on other forums so I was prepared but its not very clear from either HO or sopra setria websites.

He then said that I should hear back within 6-8 weeks which I find hard to believe but will be nice if it happens. He said there will be no email confirmation.

Fingers crossed, it goes smoothly.
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

Got my approval letter today! Got approved within 4 weeks but the letter arrived 9 days later. Still not bad just over 5 weeks for the whole thing.
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 11:49 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations. Do you have a ceremony date yet?
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

thanks! yes ceremony is on the 5th of March.

Now a question actually - on 22nd March am travelling outside the country.

Do you think that will be enough time to receive the British passport?

If not, What happens if I send my BRP after the ceremony back to home office but the passport doesn't arrive in time for my travel? Can I enter UK with my existing passport and naturalisation certificate?
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by bookerw100
thanks! yes ceremony is on the 5th of March.

Now a question actually - on 22nd March am travelling outside the country.

Do you think that will be enough time to receive the British passport?

If not, What happens if I send my BRP after the ceremony back to home office but the passport doesn't arrive in time for my travel? Can I enter UK with my existing passport and naturalisation certificate?
Your BRP will be null and void as soon as you naturalise so you’ll need a British passport. Processing times are quick - around a week - but you may need to be interviewed as a first time adult applicant which could delay things.
Old Feb 24th 2019, 12:11 am
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light

Got my approval letter today! Got approved within 4 weeks but the letter arrived 9 days later. Still not bad just over 5 weeks for the whole thing.
Congrats 🎉🍾🎊🎈
Old Feb 25th 2019, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Your BRP will be null and void as soon as you naturalise so you’ll need a British passport. Processing times are quick - around a week - but you may need to be interviewed as a first time adult applicant which could delay things.
ok thanks. Do they return the foreign passport together with the British passport or separately. Also do we get the naturalisation certificate back?
Old Feb 25th 2019, 8:28 am

ok thanks. Do they return the foreign passport together with the British passport or separately. Also do we get the naturalisation certificate back?
Do not send your foreign passport - it’s not necessary. You will need to send your naturalisation certificate but this will be returned under a separate cover to your new British passport.
Old Feb 25th 2019, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Do not send your foreign passport - it’s not necessary. You will need to send your naturalisation certificate but this will be returned under a separate cover to your new British passport.
But online it says that one has to send naturalisation certiifcate and foreign passport. See link below

https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-adult...-need-to-apply

You were born outside the UK

What documents you need depend on your circumstances.You have a certificate of naturalisation or registration
You’ll need both:
  • your naturalisation or registration certificate
  • the passport you used to come into the UK or the foreign passport you’re included on
Old Feb 25th 2019, 9:52 am
Just Joined

accutalk is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I have my appt (nonEU) next week. I have uploaded the following documents in these categories in the new online system:

"Proof of Apllication" : Current and previous passports with stamps

"Residence in the UK" : ILR BRP

"Other": Life in the UK, UK degree and 2 referee forms.

Is the above okay?
Yes looks okay
Old Feb 25th 2019, 10:20 am

But online it says that one has to send naturalisation certiifcate and foreign passport. See link below

https://www.gov.uk/apply-first-adult...-need-to-apply

You were born outside the UK

What documents you need depend on your circumstances.You have a certificate of naturalisation or registration
You’ll need both:
  • your naturalisation or registration certificate
  • the passport you used to come into the UK or the foreign passport you’re included on
I stand corrected. It’s not necessary for applicants applying from overseas. I didn’t realise the UK requirements are different. The same advice would apply; your naturalisation certificate and current passport would be returned to you under a separate cover from your new British passport.
Old Feb 25th 2019, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

I stand corrected. It’s not necessary for applicants applying from overseas. I didn’t realise the UK requirements are different. The same advice would apply; your naturalisation certificate and current passport would be returned to you under a separate cover from your new British passport.
aah okay, do you know anyone who has reported in the forum on travelling with ILR BRP and foreign passport after attending the ceremony but not applied for passport

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.