British citizenship

Old Feb 25th 2019, 1:21 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British citizenship

Originally Posted by bookerw100
aah okay, do you know anyone who has reported in the forum on travelling with ILR BRP and foreign passport after attending the ceremony but not applied for passport
No, but I wouldn’t advise it. Your BRP will likely be cancelled when you naturalise and you’ll be stuck abroad.
Old Feb 27th 2019, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

Nora_ is an unknown quantity at this point

I traveled with BRP and foreign passport for 2 years (back in 2014-2015) without knowing it will be cancelled, or I shouldn't use it. I had no problems. I did it to avoid carrying 2 passports to my home country, because back there they always make scene when one has two citizenship even if it's not forbidden by law.

But the as soon as I realised I shouldn't use BRP anymore, I'm getting visa on my British passport to my "home" country
Old Feb 27th 2019, 2:22 pm
Forum Regular

bookerw100 is an unknown quantity at this point

yes I don't think it will be an issue to get in the country as even if the BRP is invalid, one would be British so they have to let yuo in , might just cause delays at worst.

How quickly are people getting their first passports, you say sometimes a week. Does that mean not everyone gets interviewed for their first adult passport?
Old Feb 27th 2019, 2:41 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

yes I don't think it will be an issue to get in the country as even if the BRP is invalid, one would be British so they have to let yuo in , might just cause delays at worst.
There's really only two choices with immigration matters. Do things the right way, or don't. You've received advice from Brit in Paris regarding how to do this correctly so I don't see how finding out that someone got away with doing it the wrong way is helpful to you at all.
Old Feb 27th 2019, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

Its not an immigration matter after naturalisation. It becomes a civil penalty issue of a £1000 fine.

Well it is relevant as it shows how strictly the authorities apply it. There's a law about dogs in public places wearing a collar with the name and address of the owner written on it but I don't see this being enforced most of the times.
It doesn't hurt to know about people's experiences, regardless if you plan to take that route or not, isn't that the point of such a forum.
Old Feb 27th 2019, 3:09 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Its not an immigration matter after naturalisation. It becomes a civil penalty issue of a £1000 fine.

Well it is relevant as it shows how strictly the authorities apply it. There's a law about dogs in public places wearing a collar with the name and address of the owner written on it but I don't see this being enforced most of the times.
It doesn't hurt to know about people's experiences, regardless if you plan to take that route or not, isn't that the point of such a forum.
The point of the immigration/visa/citizenship sub-forums is for people to ask for and receive factual information. Being given the facts and then wanting to discuss 'how strictly the authorities apply it' is far from the point.
Old Feb 27th 2019, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
The point of the immigration/visa/citizenship sub-forums is for people to ask for and receive factual information. Being given the facts and then wanting to discuss 'how strictly the authorities apply it' is far from the point.
that maybe your opinion and I disagree with it. ciao
Old Feb 27th 2019, 3:51 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

It’s not a question of being fined. It’s simply a matter of being refused entry back into the UK. If that’s a risk you wish to take then that’s up to you.
Old Feb 27th 2019, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

thanks. I am going to apply for passport on the same day as ceremony. Hopefully I receive it within 2 weeks.
Old Mar 21st 2019, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Got the shiny new BP today. I picked it up from the local depot as they were delivering tomorrow.
For reference, if you have issues, just ring the HMPO where you sent the document directly instead of the main line call centre. The former are much more helpful.
Old Mar 21st 2019, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

Sammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of lightSammy2018 is a glorious beacon of light

Got the shiny new BP today. I picked it up from the local depot as they were delivering tomorrow.
For reference, if you have issues, just ring the HMPO where you sent the document directly instead of the main line call centre. The former are much more helpful.
congrats 🍾🎈🎉